Addie Ruby Monroe (1892-1986)
|Addie Ruby Monroe Bonter|
|Born:||17 Apr 1892 Michigan|
|Died:||20 Nov 1986 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||Francis P. Monroe|
|Siblings:||Addie Ruby Monroe|
|Spouse:||Louis J. Bonter, Sr.|
|Married:||1 Jan 1912 Petoskey, Michigan|
Gladys R. Bonter|
Rhoda Udella Bonter
Louis J. Bonter, Jr.
Ardis Irene Bonter
Edna Mae Bonter
Lee E. Bonter
Everett Leroy Bonter
Lela Marguerite Bonter
Edward Elwood Bonter
Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, 20 Nov 1986:
Addie R. Bonter, 94, of Petoskey, died Nov. 20, 1986, at Little Traverse Division, Northern Michigan Hospitals.
Funeral will be 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, at the Schiller Funeral Chapel, Harbor Springs. The Rev. Edward Warner of the Stutsmanville Chapel will officiate and burial will be in Pleasantview Cemetery, Little Traverse Township.
The former Addie R. Monroe was born April 17, 1892, in southern Michigan. She attended school there and moved to the Emmet County area with her family as a child.
On Jan. 1, 1912, she married Louis Bonter and the couple made their home on a farm in the area. She also had worked as a housekeeper for several area resorts.
Mr. Bonter preceded her in death on Aug. 16, 1976. For the past four years, Mrs. Bonter had resided in Petoskey.
She was a member of the Women's Relief Corps of Harbor Springs.
Survivors include: one sone, Lee Bonter of Levering; three daughters, Mrs. Ardis Allerding of Harbor Springs, Mrs. Edna Fineout of Petoskey and Mrs. Harold (Lela) Sydow of Brutus; 30 grandchildren; many great-granchildren and great-great grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Emmet County Unit of the American Cancer Society. Envelopes for that purpose are available at the Schiller Funeral Chapel, Harbor Springs, where friends may call 7-9 p.m. Saturday.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- BONTER, Louie & MUNROE, Addie Ruby
- Date: 1/1/1912
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 14
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Groom's name: Louie Bonter
- Groom's age: 26 years
- Groom's birth year: 1886
- Groom's birthplace: Michigan
- Bride's name: Addie R. Munroe
- Bride's age: 18 years
- Bride's birth year: 1894
- Bride's birthplace: Michigan
- Marriage date: 01 Jan 1912
- Marriage place: Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan
- Groom's father's name: James D. Bonter
- Groom's mother's name: Mary Bertrand
- Father of bride's name: Munroe
- Mother of bride's name: Hattie Kitridge
- Film number: 2342692
- Digital GS number: 4209152
- Image number: 552
- Reference number: v 2 p 281 rn 182
- Collection: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, 17 Nov 1983, Obituary: Schlosser, Gladys R. Bonter
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Bonter, Addie R.
- Date of Death: 11/20/1986
- Liber: 1986
- Folio: 474
- Place of Death: Petoskey, MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Bonter, Addie R. (Monroe)
- Age: 94
- Born: 04/17/1892
- Died: 11/20/1986
- Cemetery: Pleasant View, Harbor Springs
- Funeral Home: Schiller, Harbor Springs
- Petoskey News-Review, Wednesday, 22 Aug 2007, Obituary: Allerding, Ardis Irene Bonter