Alice Lois Whitaker (1920-1995)
|Alice Lois Whitaker Gage Brown|
|Born:||8 Oct 1920 Friendship Twp., Michigan|
|Died:||30 May 1995 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Mother:||Mary Margaret Jane Mosher|
Ethel Jane Whitaker|
Richard Steven Whitaker
Hazel Stella Whitaker
Helen W. Whitaker
Harold B. Whitaker
Alice Lois Whitaker
Paul E. Whitaker
Robert Theodore Whitaker
|Spouse:||Guy Glen Gage|
|Married:||bef 1924 Michigan|
|Children:||Gerald G. Gage|
|Spouse:||Lyle Warren Brown|
|Married:||23 Jun 1945 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
Mark W. Brown|
Petoskey News-Review, May 1995:
Alice L. Brown, 74, of Harbor Springs, died May 30, 1995, at her home.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, June 2, at the Friendship Township Cemetery. The Rev. Edward Warner will officiate.
Mrs. Brown was born Oct. 8, 1920, in Friendship Township, the daughter of Benjamin and Mary Jane (Mosher) Whitaker. She attended Whitaker School in Stutsmanville.
She had previously been married to Guy Gage and married Lyle Brown in 1945.
Mrs. Brown worked for many years with Dr. Thomas Graham's dental office prior to working as a cook at the Emmet County Medical Care Facility for several years.
Following her retirement, she enjoyed her favorite hobbies of working in her flower garden, cooking, reading and spending time with her family.
- A daughter, Jacqueline Backus of Harbor Springs; and her daughter, Shannon Caughlin, and her husband, Doug of Pinellas Park, Fla.;
- A son, Mark W. Brown, and his son, Carlyle, of Pellston;
- A son, Gerry G. Gage, and his wife, Betty, of Harbor Springs; their children, Rusty and Dora Gage, Joe and Shelly Bellmer, and John and Lexie Rautio; and their grandchildren, Jenny Gage, Cassie, Zack, Josh and Nathan Bellmer, and Emily, Ashley and Nicklas Ratio.
Mrs. Brown is also survived by many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Lyle in 1967; a grandson, Steven M. Backus, in 1984; her mother and father; and brothers and sisters, Ethel Fisher, Mrs. Hazel Nowland, Mrs. Helen Myers, Robert Whitaker, Harold Whitaker, Richard Whitaker and Paul Whitaker. Mrs. Brown was the last survivor of her immediate family.
Memorial contributions are suggested to Hospice of Little Traverse Bay, or to the family and sent in care of Jackie Backus, 511 Arbor Sr., Harbor Springs, Mich. 49740.
Arrangements were handled by the Schiller Funeral Chapel of Harbor Springs.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- BROWN, Lyle & GAGE, Alice
- Date of Marriage: 6/23/1946
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 34, 86
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- BROWN, Alice Lois
- Date of Death: 5/30/1995
- Liber: 1995
- Folio: 169
- Place of Death: Harbor Springs, MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Brown, Alice L. (Whitaker)(Mrs. Lyle Warren)
- Age: 74
- Born: 10/8/1920
- Died: 5/30/1995
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Friendship Twp., Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on file