Adelia Robison (1848-1909)
|Adelia Robison Lyman|
Adelia Robison Lyman
|Born:||21 Dec 1848 Crete, Will, Illinois|
|Died:||25 Feb 1909 Bluff, San Juan, Utah|
Benjamin Hancock Robison
Joseph Vickery Robison
Alvin Locke Robison
William Henry Robison
Lucretia Proctor Robison
Proctor Hancock Robison
Franklin Alonzo Robison
|Spouse:||Platte De Alton Lyman|
|Married:||18 May 1867 Salt Lake City, Utah|
Platt De Alton Lyman|
Eliza Adelia Lyman
Albert Robison Lyman
Edward Partridge Lyman
Based upon Lucretia Lyman Ranney's sketch in American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, p. 13:
Adelia Robison was the fourth daughter and the twelfth child of Joseph Robison and Lucretia Hancock born 21 December 1848 in Crete, Will County, Illinois. She was a child of five when her family crossed the plains from Illinois to Utah in 1854.
On 18 May 1867 she married Platte De Alton Lyman in Salt Lake City, Utah. The settled in Oak City, Millard County, Utah to begin their family life.
In January 1881 she moved from Oak City to Bluff, San Juan County, Utah to be a part of the San Juan Mission, where her husband had been called to labor. In 1884 the family moved back to Millard county, settling for a time in Scipio. During this period the family maintained two ranches, one in Scipio and the other, over three hundred miles away, in Bluff. This situation was resolved when the family moved back to Bluff in 1891.
Adelia Robison Lyman died in Bluff on February 25th, 1909. She is buried in the Bluff Cemetery.
- Name variant: Adeline [1850 census]
- Birth, Blessing: FHL Film #1059486, Item #4, Rogers, Sarah. Fillmore Branch Registration, p. 14:
- Number: 79
- Female: Adelia Robison
- Born: 21 Dec 1848, at Crete, Will, Ill.
- Father: Joseph
- Mother: Lucretia Hancock
- Blessed: 11 Mar 1855 at Fillmore
- By: Thomas R. King, William Felshaw and N. W. Bartholomew
- 1850 Federal Census, Illinois, Will County, Crete, Page #168, Dwelling #96, Family #97, Enumerated 20 Sep 1850:
- ROBINSON, Joseph
- Adeline, 1, f, ILL
- Census: 1860 Federal Census, Utah, Millard County, Fillmore City, Page #106, Dwelling #922, Family #839, enumerated 14 Jul 1860:
- ROBINSON, Joseph
- Adelia, 11, f, ILL, att school
- Census: 1870 Federal Census, Utah, Millard County, Town: Fillmore, Post Office: Fillmore, enumerated 24 Jun 1870, page 3, Dwelling 25, Family 24:
- LYMAN, Eliza A.
- Adelia, 21, f, w, Keeping House, Ill.
- Census: 1880 Federal Census, Disk 35, Fillmore, Millard, Utah, Source: FHL Film 1255336, Page 462A:
- Adelia LYMAN Self F M W 31 IL Fa: PA Mo: VT
- Evelyn LYMAN Dau F S W 4 UT Fa: NE Mo: IL
- Albert LYMAN Son M S W 4M UT Fa: NE Mo: IL
- Ranney, Lucretia Lyman, American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, p. 13.
- Day, Stella H. ed., Builders of Early Millard, pp. 599, 603.
- Ancestral File
- Nicolo, Margaret LaDean Sutton Sweeting. Sweeting Family Records Binder
- Pedigree Resource File, CD #85, Submission 1953748-0122104192859
- Submitter: Toni Richard Turk
- Cause of Death: heart
- 1. 1870 census - Millard Co., UT: Fillmore, p. 3 [336A], 25/24.
- 2. 1880 census - Millard Co., UT: Fillmore, E.D. 30, p. 9 [462A], 70/79.
- 3. 1880 census - San Juan Co., UT: Bluff, E.D. 105, p. 5 [p.o.b. - England].
- 4. 1900 census - San Juan Co., UT: Bluff, E.D. 117, p. 1B, 17/17.
- 5. San Juan Stake "Record of Deaths" [heart disease].
- 6. Tombstone.
- 7. Ancestral File.