Asa Allen Allerding (1914-2000)
|Asa Allen Allerding|
|Born:||27 Dec 1914 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Died:||24 Dec 2000 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Father:||Newton B. Allerding|
Gladys Irene Allerding|
Richard Joseph Allerding
Claude R. Allerding
Nelson N. Allerding
Asa Allen Allerding
Clara L. Allerding
Wayne K. Allerding
Carl P. Allerding
Alta May Allerding
|Spouse:||Hilda Augusta Uthe|
|Married:||1 Nov 1938 Hope, Missouri|
Petoskey News-Review, December 2000:
Asa Allen Allerding, 85, of Harbor Springs, died Sunday, Dec. 24, 2000, at the Emmet County Medical Care Facility in Harbor Springs. He had been a patient there for more than two years.
Asa was born Dec. 27, 1914, in Harbor Springs. On Nov. 1, 1938, he married Hilda Uthe in Hope, Mo. They returned to Harbor Springs to make their home, where they owned and operated the City Grocery for many years. Upon retirement, he worked for Boyne ski repair and as a golf ranger. He loved golfing, playing bridge, working in his yard, and gardening. He was a former Harbor Springs city councilman and elder at the Presbyterian church in Harbor Springs.
Survivors include his son, Allan Allerding and wife, Patti; daughter, Ann Phillips and husband, Mick, all of Harbor Springs; five grandchildren, Scott Allerding of New York, Susan Vandersluis of Pickney, Mike Allerding of Belleville, Lisa Fairbairn and Tracy Phillips of Harbor Springs; four great-grandchildren; Parker and Chase Fairbairn and Sara and Melanie Vandersluis; brothers, Wayne, Carl and Nelson Allerding of Harbor Springs.
He was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Hilda; brothers, Richard and Claude; and sisters, Clara Engler and Gladys Ford.
He will be fondly remembered and dearly missed by all whose lives he touched.
A memorial service for Asa will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 27, at the First Presbyterian Church in Harbor Springs. The family will receive friends at the church after the service.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Emmet County Medical Care Facility Auxiliary, 750 E. Main, Harbor Springs, Mich. 49740, or the Alzheimer?s Association. Interment will be in the spring at Lakeview Cemetery in Harbor Springs. Arrangements were made by the Schiller Funeral Home of Harbor Springs.
- 1930 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan
- Allerding, Newton
- , Asa A., son, male, white, 15, single, MI, OH, MI
- Petoskey News Review, February 1999, Obituary: Allerding, Hilda A. Uthe
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Allerding, Asa Allen
- Date of Death: 12/24/2000
- Liber: 2000
- Folio: 456
- Place of Death: Harbor Springs, MI
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Allerding, Asa
- Birth Date: 27 Dec 1914
- Death Date: 24 Dec 2000
- Social Security Number: 364-07-6409
- State Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49740
- Localities: Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Allerding, Asa Allen
- Age: 85
- Birth: 12/27/1914
- Died: 12/24/2000
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Funeral Home: Schiller, Harbor Springs