Bertha E. Fochtman (1879-1953)
|Bertha E. Fochtman Behan|
St. Francis Cemetery
|Born:||6 Dec 1879 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Died:||29 May 1953 Jackson, Michigan|
|Father:||Adolph D. Fochtman|
Mary Regina Fochtman|
Clara G. Fochtman
Albert Gerhard Fochtman
Fred A. Fochtman
Bertha E. Fochtman
Eugene E. Fochtman
Wilbert F. A. Fochtman
Regina M. Fochtman
Vincent Austin Fochtman
Louis William Fochtman
|Spouse:||James A. H. Behan|
|Married:||23 Nov 1909 Petoskey, Michigan|
Petoskey Evening News, Friday, May 29, 1953
Mrs. James H. Behan Passes Early Today
Mrs. James H. Behan, life-long Petoskey resident, died early today at Jackson after a lengthy illness.
Services will be held at 9 a.m. Tuesday in St. Francis cemetery.
Mrs. Behan, the former Bertha Fochtman, was born in Petoskey December 6, 1880.
In 1906 she was married to James Behan who died in 1941.
Last fall Mrs. Behan went to Jackson to live with her daughter, Mrs. Donald Cawley. She had been critically ill for the past several monthes.
Surviving are: three sons, Edward and Hugh, of Petoskey and Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and James F., of Petoskey; two daughters, Mrs. Cawley and Mrs. Ralph Cornelius, of Ithaca, N.Y.; six brothers, the Rev. Fr. Francis Fochtman OFM, of San Antonia, the Rev. R. Vincent Fochtman, OFM, of Rome, Italy, the Rev. Fr. Edwin Fochtman, of Oak Forest, Ill., Fred, of Brooklyn, Eugene, of Traverse City, and Louis, of Petoskey; three sisters, Mrs. Ward Oberdorfer, of Iron River, Mich., Mrs. Frank Sifert, of Petoskey, and Mrs. William Major, of Milwaukee; and 17 grandchildren.
Mrs. Behan was a member of the St. Francis Alter Society, the Third Order of St. Francis and the Daughters of Isabella.
The body will be at Peters Funeral Home prior to the services.
- 1880 Federal Census, Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan:
- Fochtman, Adolph
- , Bertha, daughter, single, female, white, 5M, MI, PA, PA
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- BEHAN, James A. & FOCHTMAN, Bertha E.
- Date: 11/23/1909
- Liber: 4
- Petoskey Evening News, Friday, 29 Aug 1930, Obituary: Fochtman, Albert Gerhard
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Behan, Bertha
- Date of Death: 5/29/1953
- Liber: OC
- Folio: 9999
- Place of Death: Jackson, MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Behan, Bertha E. (Fochtman)
- Age: 73
- Born: 12/6/1879
- Died: 5/29/1953
- Burial: 6/2/1953
- Cemetery: St. Francis, Petoskey
- Note: SFX DOB 12/6/1880[Category:Obituary]]