Beth Spencer (1932-2015)
|Born:||30 Aug 1932 Montpelier, Idaho|
|Died:||27 Nov 2015 Sandy, Utah|
|Father:||Seymour Horne Spencer|
|Mother:||Sarah Sophronia Quayle|
Helen Jean Spencer|
Robert William Spencer
Margaret Joan Spencer
|Spouse:||E Doyle Robison|
|Married:||30 Aug 1951 Salt Lake City, Utah|
Linda Gae Robison
Kevin Doyle Robison
Stephen Doyle Robison
Jeffrey Doyle Robison
(August 30, 1932 - November 27, 2015)
Our mother left her earthly family to begin her adventures with her heavenly family on Friday evening, November 27, 2015.
Beth Spencer Robison was born Tuesday, August 30, 1932, in Montpelier, Idaho, the daughter of Seymour Horne and Sarah Sophronia Quayle Spencer. She joined a loving family with two older sisters and a brother, Helen, Bob and Norma. When Beth was four, her mother passed away shortly after their youngest sister Joan was born. The Spencers are a musical family, and Beth developed and passed on a deep love for musical appreciation and performance.
The Spencer family moved to Fillmore, Utah, where Beth grew up, graduating with the Millard High School Class of 1950. During her high school years, she caught the eye of a young returned missionary, E Doyle Robison. They were married on Thursday, August 30, 1951, in the Salt Lake Temple.
Mom and Dad raised their family in the east, making homes and friends in Ohio, New Jersey, Minnesota, Maryland, and New York, before returning to Utah. As she managed her home and raised her children, Mom continued her studies, culminating with the completion of a Master’s Degree from BYU in Recreational Management in 1986.
Mom’s life centered around service, in the home, church, and community. She served as Director of Project Read in Provo UT, Mission Mom for the England London Mission, Assistant Matron of the Stockholm Temple, LDS Employment Specialist, and volunteer in the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
Mom is survived by her husband Doyle; her five children–Catherine (Dale) Johnson, Linda (Jeff) Woodworth, Kevin (Kaye Cronquist), Stephen (Darby Howse), and Jeffrey (Kimberly Tucker); her sister, Joan (Clair) McKee; sister-in-law, Audrey Spencer; brothers-in-law–Gordon Beckstrand and Richard (Mary Meitl) Robison; 72 grand and great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Mom was preceded in death by her parents, her brother Bob, and her sisters Helen (Harold) Whatcott and Norma Beckstrand.
Viewings will be held at the Larkin Sunset Gardens, 1950 East Dimple Dell Rd. (10600 S.) in Sandy, UT on Wednesday evening, December 2, from 6-8 PM and on Thursday afternoon, December 3, from 12:30-1:30 PM, followed by the funeral service at 2 PM.
Special thanks to the staff members at Alta View Emergency Room, the Intermountain Medical Center CICU staff, Utah Home Health and Hospice, and her cousin, Dr. Joyce Johnson, for their help, concern and care.
- Despain, Carrie Robison and Garner, Melba Despain. History & Genealogy of the Franklin Alonzo Robison Family, p. 30.
- Spencer, Seymour H. Orson Spencer Descendants, Through 1956, p. 115.
- 1/2 year of College
- 1956 Address - 14623 Birchwood Ave., Cleveland, Ohio.
- Temple Marriage
- Sunday School Organist & Teacher
- Primary President
- Relief Society Counselor
- Head of Music Committee
- Mia Maid Teacher
- LDS Church News, week ending 9 Mar 1991, New Mission Presidents, Calling: Robison, E Doyle
- The Salt Lake Tribune, Thursday, 8 May 2003, Obituary: Robison, Wayne Ashby
- SerinaCare Funeral Home, 29 Dec 2010, Obituary: Spencer, Robert William
- The Deseret News, Thursday, March 12, 2014, Obituary: Beckstrand, Norma Spencer
- Birth: State of Idaho, Department of Public Welfare, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Certificate of Birth, No. 207628:
- Name: Beth SPENCER
- Female, legitimate
- Born: 30 Aug 1932, 3:30 am, Montpelier, Bear Lake, Idaho
- Father: Seymour SPENCER, white, 44, Teacher
- Born: Ida
- Mother: Sophronia QUAYLE, white, 32, Housewife
- Born: Ida
- Residence: Montpelier
- Number of Deliveries: 4, 4 living
- Marriage: Ja-Ne't Global Data Search, Marriage Search, Utah:
- License: A124711 Dated: 27 Aug 1951
- Salt Lake County, Utah
- ROBISON, Elvin Doyle
- SPENCER, Beth