From Biographical Wiki
The Biographical Wiki is designed to create a collaborative database of biographical information.
The following are some recommendations to help achieve that goal:
- Don't try to do it all at once. Crafting a useful biography with links takes patience and practice. Take as much time as you like. The Wiki is designed for each article to be edited and re-edited.
- Use the talk pages. Collaborate with your cousins and other users.
- Look around at existing biographies:
- Investigate how they were edited
- Learn how to create links to new pages
- Learn how to create links to existing pages
- Include as much specific information as you can. List:
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Brothers and sisters
- Schools and churches attended
- Places the family lived
- Marriage date(s)
- Marriage place(s)
- Military service
- Civil service
- Death date
- Death place
- Funeral information
- Burial date
- Burial place
- Create pages for each family member
- Include references to where your information originated.
- An obituary, alone, is not a biography. Rather, an obituary can be used to create a biography and can be used as part of a biography.
- If a person is living, DO NOT create a page for them. Instead, link them to the Living page