Chloe Stringham (1859-1916)
|Chloe Stringham Johnson|
|Born:||7 Feb 1859 Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Died:||23 Mar 1916 Bountiful, Utah|
|Mother:||Martha Ellen Ashby|
Judith Theressa Stringham
|Spouse:||Hiram Bevan Johnson|
|Married:||7 Feb 1878 Holden, Utah|
Briant Bevan Johnson|
Owen Stringham Johnson
Martha Ellen Johnson
The Progress, Fillmore City, Millard County, Utah, Friday, March 31, 1916:
The deaths of Mrs. Wm. Stevens and Mrs. Hyrum Johnson have cast a gloom over the town of Holden.
Mrs. Hyrum Johnson died at Bountiful, Utah, on Thursday morning, March 23rd and her remains were brought home on Sunday March 26th. Funeral services were held on Monday morning, March 27th. She is survived by her husband and nine children besides several grandchildren. Sister Johnson has worked for a number of years as First Counselor in the Relief Society and has proven herself a most energetic worker in the Ward.
Both services were well attended and the floral offerings were profuse and beautiful. Appropriate musical numbers were rendered by the Ward Choir and the speakers at both services paid tribute to the faithful and honest lives of the deceased and spoke of the salvation, both temporal and spiritual, that awaits the faithful. A long cortege followed the bodies to the cemetary.
While we will miss these good sisters, we are confident their reward is sure. Our hearts go out in sympathy to those of the immediate remaining members of the families who are left behind.
- 1860 Federal Census, 13th Ward, Great Salt Lake County, Utah Territory, Family # 69:
- Stringham, Bryant
- , Chloe, F, 2, Utah
- 1880 Federal Census, Fillmore, Millard, Utah, Page 471B:
- Johnson, Hiram
- , Chloe, Wife, F, M, W, 21, Keeping House, UT, NY, MA
- Death: State of Utah, Certificate of Death:
- Name: Chloe S Johnson
- Place of Death: Allred Sanitarium, Bountiful, Davis, Utah
- Gender: Fe
- Color: White
- Marital Status: Married
- Date of Birth: Feb 7, 1859
- Age: 57 years 1 months 15 days
- Occupation: House Wife
- Birthplace of Decedent: Utah
- Father: Bryant Stringham
- Father’s birth place: New York
- Mother: Martha Ashby
- Mother’s birth place: Mass
- Informant: Jed Stringham, Bountiful
- Burial date and place: On Arrival Holden Cem
- Undertaker: Holbrook Smedley Co., Bountiful
- Date filed: Mar 25, 1916
- Registrar: A Hardy
- Date of death: Mar. 23, 1916
- Date last see alive: No Physician in Attendance
- Date attended deceased:
- Time death occurred: 12 n.m.
- Cause of death: I visited the Lady several times as a Relative I am acquainted with the facts. Hemhorrhagic Nephritis (Duration) several years
- Contributory: Chronic Bronchitis (Duration) several years
- Name and address of Physician: B. L. Kesler Health Officer Mar 25th, 1916 Bountiful City
- Black, Susan W. E. Early LDS Membership Data (Infobases, 1995).
- Day, Stella H., ed. Builders of Early Millard, p. 699.
- Ashby, Robert L. Holden, Utah Early History, pp. 19, 137, 140.
- LDS Family Group Records Collection (Patron Section)
- Submitter: Maline Rappleye
- Family of: Russell Warner & Bertha Johnson