Clara L. Allerding (1917-1994)
|Clara Lottie Allerding Engler|
Class of '36
|Born:||30 Jan 1917 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Died:||27 Apr 1994 Little Traverse Twp., Michigan|
|Father:||Newton B. Allerding|
Gladys Irene Allerding|
Richard Joseph Allerding
Claude R. Allerding
Nelson N. Allerding
Asa Allen Allerding
Clara L. Allerding
Wayne K. Allerding
Carl P. Allerding
Alta May Allerding
|Spouse:||Charles William Engler|
|Married:||19 Sep 1947 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Children:||Charles William Engler|
Petoskey News Review, Thursday, April 28, 1994:
Clara Engler, 77, of Harbor Springs, died April 27, 1994, at her Harbor Springs home.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 30, at Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs. The Rev. Edward Warner will officiate.
She was born Jan. 30, 1917, in Harbor Springs, the daughter of Newton and Sarah (Krause) Allerding. She attended Harbor Springs schools and graduated from Harbor Springs High School in 1936.
On Sept. 19, 1947, she married Charles Engler of Petoskey, and he survives.
Mrs. Engler worked for Montgomery Wards for several years. She was employed as a teacher's aide in Harbor Springs Elementary School for 18 years, retiring in 1981.
Mrs. Engler was a charter member of the Emmet County Medical Care Facility Auxiliary, and served as its president for four years.
Survivors include her husband, Charles; one son and his wife and children, Bill and Lois Engler and Elaine and Eric, all of Harbor Springs; four brothers and their spouses, Asa and Hilda Allerding, Wayne and Ruth Allerding, Carl and Virginia Allerding, and Nelson and Bernice Allerding, all of Harbor Springs; one sister-in-law, Christine Allerding, of Harbor Springs; and several nieces and nephews.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Little Traverse Bay. Envelopes for memorial contributions are available at the Schiller Funeral Chapel of Harbor Springs where friends may call 6-9 p.m. Friday, April 29.
- 1930 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan
- Allerding, Newton
- , Clara L., daughter, female, white, 13, single, MI, OH, MI
- Photo: Collins, Audrey Diebel, ed. Looking Back, The First Hundred Years, 1887-1986:
- Harbor Springs High School
- Class of 1936
- Page 43: Senior portrait of Clara Allerding
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- ENGLER, Charles W. & ALLERDING, Clara
- Date: 9/19/1947
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 7
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Engler, Clara
- Date of Death: 4/27/1994
- Liber: 1994
- Folio: 179
- Place of Death: Little Traverse
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Engler, Clara
- Birth Date: 30 Jan 1917
- Death Date: 27 Apr 1994
- Social Security Number: 367-12-5198
- State Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49740
- Localities: Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Taylor, Clara (Allerding)
- Age: 77
- Born: 01/30/1917
- Died: 04/27/1994
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Funeral Home: Schiller, Harbor Springs
- Lot: R-26-SE2