Daniel Vaughn (1817-1908)
LDS Baptismal Record in Elk Creek Twp., PA 1833
|Born:||16 Mar 1817|
|Died:||22 Jul 1908 Akron Twp., Michigan|
Huldah Dimeras Vaughn
Joel Jonah Vaughn
|Married:||bef 1848 of Elk Creek Twp., Pennsylvania|
Daniel J. Vaughn
Nancy Ann Vaughn
Rosetta M. Vaughn
Daniel Vaughn was born March 16, 1817 in either New York, Pennsylvania or Ohio.
His Father and family are on the 1820 Federal Census in Conneaut, Erie, Pennsylvania.
1830 they are in Elk Creek Twp., Erie Pennsylvania.
Daniel was baptized into the LDS Church by Elder Evan Greene February 28, 1833 at Elk Creek Twp., Erie Pennsylvania. His father and brother are also listed on the page. A few months later the Prophet Joseph stops by the neighborhood at Shadrack Roundy's for a couple days to meet with the Saints.
In 1840 the family is still in Elk Creek Twp., Erie, Pennsylvania.
He married Sylvia Green before 1848 of Elk Creek Twp., Erie, Pennsylvania.
Not found yet in 1850 Census, son Charles is born abt 1848 in Pennsylvania. Son Daniel is born in Michigan abt. 1851 and daughter Nancy is born in 1858 in Ashtabula Co., Ohio.
In 1860 they are back in Elk Creek Twp., Erie, Pennsylvania.
On January 18, 1862, Daniel joined Company K, 111 PA Infantry (in Erie Co., PA). Two days later Samuel & George Vaughn mustered into the same company, all three discharged on Surg. Certificate 22 May 1862.
In March 1862/4 daughter Rosetta is born in Pennsylvania.
In 1870 they live in Grant Twp, Huron, Michigan.
1880 he lives with his son Charles in Akron, Tuscola, Michigan and also with his son Daniel at Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan.
1890 he is listed on the Census of Michigan Veterans in Akron, Tuscola, Michigan.
In 1900 he is living with his daughter-in-law at Akron, Tuscola, Michigan.
When his wife dies in 1906 she is listed as married. They are not living together but living with different children and she isn't buried with him.
Daniel is a Gun Smith.
Daniel died July 22, 1908 in Akron, Tuscola, Michigan.
He was buried in the Hickory Island Cemetery, July 24, 1908.
- Birth: from death record
- Birthplace variations: Ohio, PA, NY
- 1820 Federal Census, Conneaut, Erie, Pennsylvania: pg. 165
- age of Charles and wife 45 and up; children males: 4 ages 0-10, 2 ages 16-25. Females 1 age 0-10, 2 age 10-16.
- 1830 Federal Census, Elk Creek, Erie, Pennsylvania: pg. 324
- husb. and wife ages 50-60; Children: Males: 2 age 10-15, 2 age 15-20, 1 age 20-30. Females 2 age 5-10.
- 1840 Federal Census, Elk Creek twp, Erie, Pennsylvania:
- Charles had wife age 60/70 Child f 30-40; child m 20-30; child m 20-30; child f 15-20 child m 8 or under.
- 1860 Federal Census, Elk Creek, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Von, Daniel, 40, male, white, NY
- , Sylvia, 30, female, white, NY
- , Charles, 13, male, white, at home, Pennsylvania
- , Daniel, 7, male, white, at home, Mish
- , Nancy, 1, female, white, at home, Ohio
- Military: BOYLE, John Richards, Soldiers True, Page 361:
- Civil War Company K 111 PA Infantry (Erie, PA)
- VAUGHN, Daniel, Private
- Mustered in 18 Jan 1862
- Discharged on Surg. Certificate 22 May 1862.
- 1870 Federal Census, Grant twp., Huron, Michigan
- Vaughn, Daniel, 45, male, white, farmer, 600, Ohio
- , Sylvia, 40, female, white, Keeps House, Ohio
- , Charles, 22, male, white, at home, Ohio
- , Daniel, 19, male, white, at home, Ohio
- , Nancy, 11, female, white, at home, Ohio
- , Rosetta, 6, female, white, Michigan
- 1880 Federal Census, Akron Twp., Tuscola, Michigan
- Vaughn, Charles
- , Daniel, Father, white, male, 55, married, laborer, NY, NY, CAN
- 1880 Federal Census, Sebewaing, Huron, Michigan
- Vaughn, Daniel,
- , Daniel Sr., father, 64, md, laborer, PA, NY, NY
- 1890 Census of Michigan Veterans, Supervisor's District #2 E. D. #221 Home #66 Family #68 Akron, Tuscola, MI
- VAUGHAN, Daniel, Private, K Co. 11 PA Inf.
- enlisted 18 Jan 1862
- discharged 30 May 1862
- service: 4 months 12 days
- Post Office: Unionville, Tuscola, MI
- Disability Incurred: ?Vollron? R leg + hip.
- 1900 Federal Census, Akron Twp., Tuscola, Michigan
- Vaughn, Linda
- , Daniel, F in Law, white, male, b. Mar 1820, 80, Widow, PA, NY, NY
- Death: State of Michigan, Certificate of Death:
- Name: Daniel Vaughn
- Place of Death: Akron Twp., Tuscola, MI
- Gender: Male
- Color: White
- Marital Status: Widower
- Date of Birth: 3/16/1817
- Age: 91 years 4 months 6 days
- Occupation: Gun Smith
- Birthplace of Decedent: Pennsylvania
- Father: Dont Know
- Father’s birth place: Dont Know
- Mother: Dont Know
- Mother’s birth place: Dont Know
- Informant: Ray Vaughn, Unionville
- Burial date and place: Hickory Island Cemetery, 7/24/1908
- Undertaker: Chas F Sees Unionville
- Date filed: July 23, 1908
- Registrar: E Howard Peters
- Date of death: 7/22/1908
- Date last see alive: July 20, 1908
- Date attended deceased: July 19th, 1908 to July 22, 1908
- Time death occurred: 8 am
- Cause of death: Paralysis
- Contributory: Old Age
- Name and address of Physician: G Len.....MD 1/22/1908 Unionville Mich
- Thompson, A.C. History of Indiana, Vol 2, pg. 252:
- Henry J. Hanes ... is a son of Huram and Betsie (Vaughn) Hanes. ... Betsie Vaughn, [is] a daughter of Charles and Elizabeth (Morgan) Vaughn, natives of Canada, and the father and mother of eight children, namely: Henry, John, Joel, Daniel, Samuel, Nancy, Dimers, Hulda and Betsie.
- Bills, Cheryl Harmon. Cheryl's Ancestry Dec 2006, Ancestry.com database
- Bills, Cheryl Harmon. Vaughn Notes