Donna Joanne Price (1922-2011)
|Donna Joanne Price|
|Born:||22 Oct 1922 Lansing, Michigan|
|Died:||15 Feb 2011 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Father:||Donald Arthur Price|
|Mother:||Dorothy Andrus Crane|
Donna Joanne Price|
Patricia Ellen Price
James Douglas Price
Dorothy Elaine Price
|Spouse:||Leslie Eugene Heinz|
|Married:||13 Jun 1941 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
Joanne Marie Heinz|
Donald Leslie Heinz
Katherine Eileen Heinz
Debra Elizabeth Heinz
Stone Funeral Home, Thursday, February 17, 2011:
(October 22, 1922 - February 15, 2011)
Donna Joanne Price Heinz, 88, of Harbor Springs passed away Feb. 15, 2011 at Bay Bluffs Medical Care Facility.
A funeral service will take place on Tues. Feb. 22nd at 11:00 AM at Schiller Funeral Home in Harbor Springs. Interment will take place in the spring at Lakeview Cemetery.
Donna was born Oct. 22, 1922 in Lansing, Mi. to Donald Arthur and Dorothy Andrus (Crane) Price. She moved to Harbor Springs with her family in 1933 and has made her home here since.
On June 13, 1941 she married Leslie Eugene Heinz and they made their home in Harbor Springs and have lived at their Lake St. home since 1949.
Donna was a gifted musician and artist, singing in the First Presbyterian Church choir for almost 50 years as well as the bell choir and Sweet Adeline barber shop quartet. She was an active Harbor Springs schools sports booster for many years. She enjoyed bowling on a local league and was also on a womens golf league. Donna was active in the University Club for over 30 years.
Les and Donna had four children Joanne Marie Howse now deceased, Donald Leslie and his wife Vickie of Harbor Springs, Katherine Eileen Brown and her husband A. Jeff of Arlinton, WA. and Debra Elizabeth Timpani and her husband Sal of Henrietta, NY. Donna was blessed with 24 grandchildren, 69 great grandchildren and 15 great great grandchildren.
Along with her husband Les and daughter Joanne she was preceded in death by 3 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren.
Donna had many friends and family members who have greatly benefited from her kindness and caring and they will miss her everyday. The family recommends donations to Bay Bluffs Medical Care Facility or the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Dorothy Andrus Crane, Personal knowledge of
- Birth Announcement:
- 1930 Federal Census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California Ward 10, enumerated 3 April 1930, Sunset, La Vita Terrace #1513, Dwelling #73, Family #87:
- Price, Donald
- , Donna, daughter, female, white, 7, single, MI, OH, NY
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Heinz, Leslie & Price, Donna
- Date of Marriage: 6/13/1941
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 60
- Petoskey News Review, Tuesday, 1 Oct 1974, front page, Obituary: Heinz, Leslie Eugene
- The Daily Herald, Provo, Utah, Sunday, 5 Mar 2006, Obituary: Howse, Christina Shell
- Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, 20 Apr 2006, Obituary: Howse, Joanne Marie Heinz
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Heinz, Donna Joanne
- Date of Death: 2/15/2011
- Liber: 2011
- Folio: 067
- Place of Death: Harbor Springs, MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Heinz, Donna J. (Price)
- Age: 88
- Born: 10/22/1922
- Died: 2/15/2011
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on file PNR - 02/21/2011