Dorothy May Lightfoot (1916-2000)
From Biographical Wiki
|Dorothy May Lightfoot Pestlin|
|Born:||16 Jun 1916 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Died:||31 Jul 2000 of Hazelwood, North Carolina|
|Father:||George O. Lightfoot|
|Mother:||Hazel Maude Hunn|
Dorothy May Lightfoot|
Geraldine N. Baker
Betty Jane Baker
Clarence D. Baker
Leonard E. Baker
Franklin Donald Baker
Shirley Marie Baker
June Marline Baker
Gloria Ann Baker
|Spouse:||Walter W. Pestlin|
Joyce A. Pestlin|
Janet Myrtle Pestin
- 1920 Federal Census, Ogden Tp., Lenawee, Michigan
- Heckert, Emery G.
- Hines, Hazel M., aunt
- Lightfoot, Dorothy, first cousin, female, white, 3 6/12, single, Michigan, Indiana, Michigan
- 1930 Federal Census, Ray, Alexander twp., Genesee, New York:
- Baker, Clarence
- , Dorothy, daughter, female, white, 13, single, Michigan, Michigan, Michigan
- Daughter: Mt. Morris Enterprise, Mt. Morris, New York, Thursday, May 17, 1962:
- Mr. and Mrs. Walter W. Pestlin of Batavia, announce the engagement of their daughter Joyce A. of Rochester, to Raymond L. Sciarrino, son of Mrs. Joseph [Mary B.] Sciarrino of Mill St., Mt. Morris and the late Mr. Joseph [S.] Sciarrino. Miss Pestlin attended Rochester Business Institute and is employed by Dr. W. A. Springer of Rochester. Mr. Sciarrino was graduated from the State University College of Education at Geneseo and Cornell University School of Law. He is employed by the Rochester School System, and is Justice of the Peace for the town of Mt. Morris.
- A June wedding is planned.
- Daughter: Mt. Morris Enterprise, Mt. Morris, New York, June, 1962:
- The marriage of Joyce A. Pestlin, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter W. Pestlin of Batavia to Raymond L. Sciarrino of Mt. Morris rook place on June 23 in the Church of the Blessed Sacrament. The Rev. John J. Philipps officiated at the marriage.
- The bride, who was given away by her father, wore a street length gown of silk organza with a sweetheart neckline, and a bodice adorned with Belgian Lace. Her headpiece was a wreath of orange blossoms with a ballerina length French illusion veil. She carried a bouquet of Phalaenopsis Orchids with lily of the valley and ivy streamers.
- Josephine Iannello of Rochester was the maid of honor. She wore a street length sheath with an overskirt of silk chiffon. Her headpiece was a wreath of white daisies and ivy and she carried a bouquet of white daisies and ivy.
- Myron Brady of Mt. Morris was the best man.
- Following a small dinner reception at the Cartwright Inn in West Henrietta, the couple left for their wedding trip to the Poconos.
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Dorothy PESTLIN
- Birth Date: 16 Jun 1916
- Death Date: 31 Jul 2000
- Social Security Number: 125-28-4506
- State Where Number Was Issued: New York
- Death Residence Zip Code: 28786
- Hazelwood, Haywood, North Carolina
- Waynesville, Haywood, North Carolina
- Burial: Grandview Cemetery, Batavia, Genessee, NY:
- SURNAME: Pestlin
- MAIDEN: Lightfoot
- GIVEN: Dorothy M.
- DOB: 16 Jun 1916
- DOD: 31 Jul 2000
- SECTION: Orchard
- REMARKS: Dtr of George & Hazel Hunn Lightfoot. Wife of Walter W. Pestlin.
- Batavia Funeral Homes, Obituary: Grose, June Marline Baker
- Howse, Joanne Marie Heinz. Howse Best-Mar26,2005.paf file
- One World Tree, Individual ID: 159903106, Submission: V115T007.ged