Edward Clifford Powers (1878-1952)
|Edward Clifford Powers|
|Born:||18 Dec 1879 Crystal, Michigan|
|Died:||16 Mar 1952 Royal Oak, Michigan|
|Father:||Perry Andrew Powers|
|Mother:||Martha Alice Chaffee|
Elton Andrew Powers|
Edward Clifford Powers
Maurice Alva Powers
Mabel Luella Powers
Donald Charles Powers
|Spouse:||Leotta E. Mead|
|Married:||23 May 1901 Emmet Co., Michigan|
Clifford Kenneth Powers|
Esther M. Powers
Obituary for Edward C. Powers found in the Bible of Marion Mead and transcribed by Daniel Wesley Linderman on 29 January 2002. This Bible is now in the possession of the Charlton Park, Barry County, Michigan. Copied as is; this transcriber made no corrections from a newspaper clipping of unknown origins.
March 20, 1952
Edward C. Powers, 72, a resident of Harbor Springs for 65 years, died suddenly of a heart attack in Royal Oak, where he was spending the winter with his son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Russell Roe.
Born in Crystal, September 18, 1879. Powers came to Harbor Springs with his parents, the late Mr. and Mrs. Perry Powers, when he was a boy. On May 23, 1901, he married Miss Leota Mead.
Besides his wife, he is survived by a son, Clifford of Good Hart; two daughters, Mrs. Paul Miller of Ypsilanti and Mrs. Roe; a sister, Mrs. William Melching of East Lansing; and five grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Wednesday afternoon from Erwins Funeral Home. Dr. L. E. Brubaker of the First Presbyterian Church officiated. Burial was in Lakeview Cemetery.
- 1880 Federal Census, Crystal, Montcalm, Michigan
- Powers, Perry A.
- , Edward, son, single, male, white, 1, MI, CAN, OH
- 1900 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan
- Powers, Perry A.
- , Edward C., son, white, male, Nov,1878, 21, single, MI, CAN, OH, Carpenter
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- POWERS, Edward C. & MEAD, Leota
- Date: 5/23/1901
- Liber: 3
- Folio: 230
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery Index, Emmet Co., Michigan:
- Powers, Ed
- Date: March 16, 1952
- Source: Ancestry World Tree: Powers Family:
- Jim Powers
- also letter from Jim to Joanne & Arnold Howse.
- Obituary: Daniel Wesley Linderman:
- added to Jim Powers Ancestry by Dan.