Eleanor Leona Botsford (1912-1996)
|Eleanor Leona Botsford Birdsall Poquette|
|Born:||13 Sep 1912 Springvale Twp., Michigan|
|Died:||8 Nov 1996 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||George Warren Botsford|
|Mother:||Susanna Elizabeth Lark|
Leon Albert Botsford|
Eleanor Leona Botsford
|Spouse:||(1) Thurlon John Birdsall|
|Married:||17 Oct 1936 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Spouse:||(2) Frank W. Poquette|
|Married:||30 Dec 1971 Pickerel Lake, Michigan|
Petoskey News-Review, Monday, 11 Nov 1996:
Eleanor L. Poquette, 84, of Springvale Township, died Nov. 8, 1996, at Northern Michigan Hospital.
Funeral will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, at Stone Funeral Home in Petoskey. Pastor Leroy Sutlin will officiate. Burial will take place in Curtiss Cemetery.
Mrs. Poquette was born Sept. 13, 1912, in Springvale Township, the daughter of George and Susan (Lark) Botsford. She grew up in Springvale Township and attended Petoskey schools, where she graduated from high school.
In 1936, she married Thurland J. Birdsall in Petoskey. He preceded her in death in 1967.
She then married Frank Poquette on Dec. 30, 1971, at Pickerel Lake. He preceded her in death in 1990.
Mrs. Poquette had lived in Springvale Township most of her life. She was employed as a bookkeeper for many years, working for the Circus Shop and Crago Grocery Store. She retired in 1969.
Mrs. Poquette loved to garden and play cribbage. She enjoyed snowmobiling and loved to travel.
She was a member of Beulah Chapter No. 63 Order of the Eastern Star in Petoskey.
Survivors include one daughter, Sandra Birdsall, of Petoskey; two stepsons, Walter Poquette and his wife, Beth, and William Poquette and his wife, Ginny, all of Petoskey; one stepdaughter, Barbara Hilyard and her husband, Curt, of Clare; 14 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be 6-9 p.m. today, Nov. 11, at Stone Funeral Home in Petoskey. An Eastern Star service will be held at 7:30 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- BIRDSALL, Thurland & BOTSFORD, Eleanor L.
- Date of Marriage: 10/17/1936
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 19
- Northern Michigan Review, Thursday, 25 Sep 1952, Obituary: Botsford, George Warren
- Petoskey News-Review, Tuesday, 6 Apr 1982, Obituary: Grossman, Sylvia Botsford
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- POQUETTE, Eleanor Leona
- Date of Death: 11/8/1996
- Liber: 1996
- Folio: 416
- Place of Death: Petoskey, MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Poquette, Eleanor L. (Bosford)
- Age: 84
- Born: 9/13/1912
- Died: 11/8/1996
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Curtiss, Springvale Twp.
- Obituary: on file - PNR 11/11/1996