Ellen Julia Arnold (1851-1927)
|Ellen Julia Arnold Sawyer|
|Born:||21 May 1851 Georgetown, Michigan|
|Died:||8 May 1927 Vanderbilt, Michigan|
|Father:||Alvah Nicklson Arnold|
Ellen Julia Arnold|
|Spouse:||Levi Aaron Sawyer|
|Married:||4 Jul 1869 Blendon Tp, Ottawa, Michigan|
Charles L. Sawyer|
Byron Delos Sawyer
Clarence Edward Sawyer
Claude J. Sawyer
Ida Mae Sawyer
Jeanette R. Sawyer
Flora Ellen Sawyer
Ruth Violet Sawyer
Charlotte Rachel Sawyer
Harry Lee Sawyer
Otsego County Herald, May 12, 1927
Mrs. Ellen Julia Arnold, one of the first pioneers of Vanderbilt, passed away May 8, 1927, after a short illness from heart trouble.
She was born in Blendon, Ottawa Co., Mich., May 21 in the year 1851.
She was married at the age of 18 years to Levi Sawyer. Five children were born to them there.
In the fall of 1879 they came to Vanderbilt, Mich. and homesteaded.
Six children were born here.
She survived her husband by seven years.
She leaves to mourn her loss six children, Byron D. Sawyer, Mrs. Ida Fleming, Mrs. Flora Smith, Mrs. Ruth Alexander, Harry Sawyer. Grandchildren and great grandchildren, Brothers and sisters, Mr. Edward Arnold of Lowell, Mich.; Mrs. Edna Hifering of Camden, N. Y.; Eugene Arnold of Atlanta, Mich.; Mrs. Effie Lyons of Holland City, Mich.; Mrs. Elva Ogden of Grand Junction, Colo.
Those present from out of town, were Mr. and Mrs. Erward Arnold, Mrs. Effie Lyons, Eugene Arnold, Mrs. Francis Heaney and sons, of Grand Rapids formerly, Miss Edna Arnold, Mr. and Mrs. Byron Sawyer of Engadine, Mich., Mrs. Jennie House of Bay City.
She was a kind loving mother, well known and respected by those who knew her.
- Birth: see burial info.
- 1870 Federal Census, Blendon, Ottawa, Michigan
- Sawyer, Levi
- , Ellen, 19, female, white, MI
- 1880 Federal Census, Charlton, Otsego, Michigan
- Sawyer, Levi
- , Ellen, wife, married, female, white, 30, MI, Keeping House, NY, NY
- Headstone Photo: Evergreen Hills Cemetery, Vanderbilt, Michigan, taken July 2009, by S. Robison.
- Levi Aaron Sawyer married Ellen Julia Arnold 4 July 1869 in Blendon Tp., Ottawa, MI
- daughter of Alva Arnold and Juliaette Vredenbergh.
- She was born 21 May 1851 in Georgetown Tp., Ottawa, MI and died May 1927 in Vanderbilt, Otsego, MI
- Source: Decendant chart of ALBERT H. VREDENBURGH