Franklin Duane Robison (1924-2009)
|Franklin Duane Robison|
|Born:||20 Mar 1924 Fillmore, Utah|
|Died:||22 Nov 2009 Salt Lake Co., Utah|
|Father:||Aaron Wayne Robison|
Wayne Ashby Robison|
Harold Raymond Robison
Franklin Duane Robison
E Doyle Robison
Richard Ashby Robison
|Married:||8 Sep 1943 Salt Lake City, Utah|
Duane Cloyd Robison|
Tanya Fern Robison
Deseret News, Friday, 27 Nov 2009:
A descendant of sturdy pioneer stock, Duane lived a long and productive life. He was born March 20, 1924 in Fillmore, Utah, to Fern Ashby and Aaron Wayne Robison. He loved the soil and the work it took to make it productive.
Duane was an active man, always loving the outdoors. He always appreciated and was thankful for the blessings of life. He was a veteran of World War II. He enjoyed all sports and was an avid supporter of BYU. He was an active member of the LDS Church. His testimony remained firm and resolute to the end.
Duane is survived by his wife, Evadeen Beatty of 66 years. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Their devotion to each other has been remarkable. He is also survived by his two children, Duane Cloyd (Diane Baker) Riverton, and Tanya Fern (William S. Linford) South Jordan; brothers, Doyle (Highland), Richard (Lawrence, Kansas); seven grandchildren and 14 great-grand-children. He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Ashby and Ray.
Funeral services will be held Monday, November 30 at 11:00 a.m. in the LDS Church at 12830 S. 2700 W. Family and friends may call Sunday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. at Broomhead Funeral Home, 12600 S. 2200 W. and at the church one hour prior to services. Interment Riverton City Cemetery. Online condolences: www.broomheadfuneralhome.com
- Name variations: Dwayne, Dwain
- Despain, Carrie Robison and Garner, Melba Despain; History & Genealogy of the Franklin Alonzo Robison Family, p. 30.
- The Progress, Friday, December 10, 1954, Obituary: Robison, Fern Ashby
- Millard County Chronicle Progress, Vol. 76, No. 40, 10 Apr 1986, p. 11, Obituary: Robison, Aaron Wayne
- Deseret News Archives, Wednesday, August 13, 1997, Obituary: Robison, Harold Raymond
- The Salt Lake Tribune, Thursday, 8 May 2003, Obituary: Robison, Wayne Ashby
- Death: Telephone call from Doyle Robison, 22 Nov 2009.