Friedrich Carl Chudobba (1890-1975)
From Biographical Wiki
|Johann Adolph Chudobba|
|Born:||21 Jun 1890 Riesenburg, Germany|
|Died:||3 Apr 1975 Remscheid, North Rhine Westphalia, Germany|
|Father:||Johann Adolph Chudobba|
|Mother:||Justine Henriette Chudobi|
Johann Adolph Chudobba
Paul Chudobba Kube
Karl Bruno Kube
|Married:||3 Oct 1921 Dresden, Germany|
Georgina Helena Chudobba|
Maria Elizabeth Chudobba
- Maria remembers her father, Friedrich Chudobba, as a quiet, hard-working man. He was a chief gardener at several places. He played the trumpet well, belonged to a bowling club in later years, and loved to read - always reading as she recalled. He married Martha Weissbach on 21 October 1921 in Dresden, Germany. He lived in Falkenwalde, Pommerania, Germany, near Stettin. They had to move to Frielingsdorf, in Rhineland, in the area of Lindler NE of Cologne after the war.
- Fritz fought in the German army during World War I in the equestrian infantry. He was captured by the Russians during the first or second week of the war, in 1918. Fritz interned in several POW camps beginning at a camp located somewhere in the Caucuses. He was a prisoner for a total of 6 years (war only lasted 4). He contracted malaria while a POW with bouts of bad health after his return to Germany. The Red Cross secured his release and sent him home.
- Martha and Fritz lived in Tonisheide, West Germany in their last years. Fritz died in Remscheid, Germany in 1976.
- Kochanowsky, Maria Elizabeth Chudobba, Personal knowledge of.
- Howse, Arnold Leroy: Family Records