Gladys Beatrice Wildfong (1921-1997)
|Gladys Beatrice Wildfong|
|Born:||26 Mar 1921 Boyne City, Michigan|
|Died:||21 Jul 1997 East Jordan, Michigan|
|Father:||George Daniel Wildfong|
|Mother:||Clara Anne G. Kotesky|
Gladys Beatrice Wildfong|
Margaret May Wildfong
James Edward Bashaw
|Spouse:||William B. Archer|
|Married:||25 Jul 1939 Boyne City, Michigan|
Betty Jean Archer
Petoskey News-Review, Tuesday, July 22, 1997
Gladys Archer, 76, died on Monday, July 21, 1997, at her home in East Jordan.
Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Thursday, July 24, at the Paullin-Penzien Funeral Home in East Jordan. The Rev. David Downton of the First Presbyterian Church in East Jordan will officiate. Interment will be in Sunset Hill Cemetery, East Jordan.
Fladys was born March 26, 1921, in Boyne City, the daughter of George D. and Clara (Kotesky) Wildfong. She grew up in Boyne City.
On July 25, 1939, she married William B. Archer in Boyne City. They made their home in East Jordan. Mr. Archer passed away on May 20, 1993.
She worked for many years at Courters Products in Boyne City, now known as Allied Signal. After retiring from Courters Products, she then went to work at ITT in East Jordan until the company closed. Gladys was a member of the Eagles F.O.E. Lodge No. 1583.
Gladys is survived by her son, Dennis Archer and his wife, Dorothy, of East Jordan; her two daughters, Gladys Johnson and her husband, Paul, of East Jordan, and Lynda Wycoff and her husband, Ralph, of Dorr; 11 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and one sister, Margaret Kinner, of Charlevoix. She was also preceded in death by two daughters, Betty Jean and Ethelyn; one brother, James Bashaw; and one granddaughter, Gail Johnson.
The family will receive friends from 1-9 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, and from 10 a.m. until the time of the service on Thursday, July 24, at the Paullin-Penzien Funeral Home in East Jordan.
Memorial contributions may be given to Charlevoix County Hospice.
- Obituary: Petoskey News-Review-1997 Obit Index:
- Name: ARCHER, Gladys (WILDFONG)
- Age: 76
- Place of Death: East Jordan MI
- Paper Date: 1997-7-22
- 1930 Federal Census, Boyne City, Charlevoix, Michigan
- Bashaw, Edward
- , Clara A., wife, female, white, 35 married 1st at 24, MI, GER, NY
- , Gladys B., daughter, female, white, 9, single, MI, NY, MI
- , Margaret M., daughter, female, white, 5, single, MI, NY, MI,
- , James E., son, male, white, 3 2/12, single, MI, NY, MI
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Archer, Gladys
- Birth Date: 26 Mar 1921
- Death Date: 21 Jul 1997
- Social Security Number: 381-12-7399
- State Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49727
- Locality: East Jordan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- GenForum: Koteskey's
- Posted by: Kathy ( Archer) Fiers Date: July 9, 2000
- My Great Grandmother was Clara (Koteskey) Wildfong Bashaw. She was married to George Wildfong. They lived in Boyne City Michigan. They had 2 daughters: Gladys Beatrice Wildfong (my grandmother) and Margaret May Wildfong. Clara then married a man by last name of Bashaw after Georges death in 1926.
George Wildfong, b. 6/13/1883 m. Clara Koteskey, d. 1/28/26 at age 43. They had 2 daughter, Gladys Beatrice, b. 3/26/21 m. William B Archer 7/25/39 d. 5/20/93.