Harley Eugene Colegrove (1874-1912)
|Harley Eugene Colegrove|
Gene Colegrove, circa 1886
|Born:||16 Aug 1874 Fillmore, Utah|
|Died:||19 Mar 1912 Fillmore, Utah|
|Father:||Harley Ingersoll Colegrove|
|Mother:||Helen Venera McBride|
Lester Clark Colegrove|
Harley Eugene Colegrove
The Progress-Review, Fillmore, Utah, Friday, January 5, 1912, p. 8:
Gene Colgrove who has been ill is improving.
The Progress-Review, Fillmore, Utah, Friday, January 12, 1912, p. 8:
Eugene Colgrove is reported seriously ill yet.
The Progress-Review, Fillmore, Utah, Friday, January 26, 1912, p. 8:
Eugene Colgrove is still battling for life, sometimes reported on the improve, and then again not so well. We hope to soon see him out again.
The Progress-Review, Fillmore, Utah, Friday, February 23, 1912, p. 8:
All are delighted to hear that Eugene Colgrove who has been seriously ill for months is some what improved.
The Progress-Review, Fillmore, Utah, Friday, March 22, 1912, p. 1:
The death of Harley Eugene Colgrove has brought the bitter cup of sorrow to his aged mother and brother and sister and a host of relatives and warm friends.
After a lingering illness of over three months duration, death came as a relief on the morning of Tuesday at his home where he was born August 10, 1874.
Funeral services were held in the ward chapel yesterday conducted by Bishop P. L. Brunson. The speakers were Bp. Thomas C. Callister, Joseph Beeston and James A. Kelly, who all had known the deceased from his childhood and spoke of him as a young man with many excellent traits of character. The sweet solemn music by the choir and duet by Mrs. Estella Day and Dora Anderson touched every heart.
To the broken hearted mother, brother and sister who sit in sorrow where his footsteps shall never again find echo we extend the sympathy of one who knew him as the soul of honor and an industrious and good citizen.
- Record of Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Fillmore Ward, Millard Stake, 1882 - 1897, p. 33:
- Name: Eugene Colegrove
- Baptised: 2 Aug 1883, Fillmore
- Day, Stella H., ed. Builders of Early Millard, p. 135.
- McBride, Virginia. Charles R. McBride Memorial, p. 20.
- 1880 Federal Census, Utah, Millard County, Fillmore City & Precinct, Page #11, Dwelling #88, Family #99, Enumerated 8 Jun 1880:
- Colegrove, Harley
- Eugene, w, m, 5, son, single, UT, VT, NY
Death: Lichfield, Beulah Menlove. Cemetery Records, Fillmore, Millard County, Utah, p. 16:
- Name: Colgrove, Harley E.
- Born: 16 Aug 1874, in Fillmore, Utah
- Son of: Harley T. Colegrove and Helen V. McBride
- Died: 19 Mar 1912
- Buried: in Fillmore, Blk 101, Lot 1
- Reported by: Richard Ashby
- Comments: Was single
- He lived in Fillmore 37 years
- Was a Government Contractor
- Burial: Fillmore City Corporation, Cemetery Single Line List, by Deceased Name, 22 Apr 1990, p. 16:
- COLGROVE, H. Eugene
- BLK 101, Lot 1, Grave 5
- d. 3-19-1912