Harriet Elizabeth Thorpe (1860-1938)
|Harriet Elizabeth Thorpe|
18 Dec 1860Loughborough, Leicester, England
31 Jan 1938Fillmore, Millard, Utah
Frederick Henry Thorpe
Harriet Elizabeth Thorpe
Sarah Ann Thorpe
Mary Ann Thorpe
Florence Amelia Thorpe
Clara Ellen Thorpe
|Spouse:||Franklin Alonzo Robison|
|Married:||30 Nov 1882 Salt Lake City, Utah|
Willis Nephi Robison|
Lois Hattie Robison
Herbert Alonzo Robison
Ella Adelia Robison
Ancil Platte Robison
The Millard County Progress, Friday, 4 Feb 1938:
Very impressive and well attended funeral services were held Thursday in the Fillmore First Ward for Mrs. Harriet Elizabeth Thorpe Robison, who died here Monday. The services were under the direction of J. Blake Davies, a member of the Ward Bishopric.
Music was furnished by a choir composed of the Singing Mothers and a male quartett. The quartett, Culbert Robison, Lindon Robison, Thomas Whatcott and F. Earl Stott, also sang a special number. A violin solo was rendered by Golden Johnson accompanied on the piano by Anna Wood.
The opening prayer was offered by H. H. Shurtliff, and the benediction by Peter L. Brunson. The grave was dedicated by A. Frank Robison.
The speakers, all of whom paid well deserved tribute to the deceased and her family, were: Mrs. Harriet A. Partridge, J. Alfred Jacobson and Bishop John Wells of the Presiding Bishopric.
Funeral direction was by the Olpin Mortuary.
People from out of town to attend the funeral included: Mr. and Mrs. John Wells, a son and two daughters; Mrs. Clara Boyes, a sister of Salt Lake City; Mr. and Mrs. H. H. Shurtliff of Ogden, Mrs. Shurtliff being a sister; Mr. Parker Robison, a son, a daughter, and a sister Mrs. Carry Despain, all of Salt Lake City; and Mrs. Florence Ellison and son. All of Mrs. Robison's children and many of her grand-children, as well as many other relatives and friends from neighboring towns, were also in attendance.
Mrs. Robison was 77 years of age, a widow of the late pioneer leader Franklin Alonzo Robison, a builder of Utah's first state capital. She spent her days of last illness and died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Alverna Davies, at Fillmore.
Besides Mrs. Davies, she is survived by the following children: Mrs. Lois Eliason of Deseret, Mrs. Joseph Pack and Ella Jacobson of Salt Lake City, and Mrs. Ancil Platte Robison of Fillmore. She is also survived by the following sisters: Mrs. James Cooper of Nottingham, England; Mrs. Lois Robison of Fillmore; Mrs. Florence Shurtliff of Ogden, and Mrs. Clara Boyes of Salt Lake City.
Mrs. Robison was born at Loughboro, England, December 18, 1860, a daughter of Rebecca and Joseph Thorpe, and came to Fillmore in 1882, where she has since resided. She was married to Mr. Robison on November 30, 1882, in the old Salt Lake Endowment house.
She was an active church worker, serving in the Relief Society, Sunday School, Genealogical society and Y. L. M. I. A.
- Name variant: Hattie [cemetery records, p. 58]
- Despain, Carrie Robison and Garner, Melba Despain. History & Genealogy of the Franklin Alonzo Robison Family, p. 75.
- Day, Stella H. Builders of Early Millard, p. 604.
- Lichfield, Beulah Menlove. Cemetery Records, Fillmore, Millard Co., Utah, p. 58.
- Nicolo, Margaret LaDean Sutton Sweeting. Sweeting Family Records Binder.
- Willis E. Robison Scrapbook, Obituary, dated 19 Oct 1936: Robison, Franklin Alonzo
- Birth place variant: Loughboro
- Burial: Fillmore City Corporation. Cemetery Single Line List, by Deceased Name, 22 Apr 1990, p. 41:
- ROBISON, Harriet E.
- BLK 51, Lot 3, Grave 1
- d. 1-21-1938
- Burial: Fillmore City Corporation. Cemetery Master List, by Deceased Name, 13 Jun 1994, p. 388:
- ROBISON, Harriett E.
- BLK 51, Lot 3, Grave 1
- b. Loughboro, England
- d. 1-31-1938 Fillmore, Utah
- Comments: Age at death: 77 yrs, 1 mo, 13 dys
- Current Owner: Robison, F. A. Deceased
- Original Owner: Robison, F. A.