Isadora Minerva Price (1898-1988)
|Isadora Minerva Price Sallows|
|Born:||26 Jul 1898 Denver, Colorado|
|Died:||31 Dec 1988 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||James Lincoln Price|
|Mother:||Minnie Pearl Main|
Isadora Minerva Price|
Donald Arthur Price
|Spouse:||Frank Hamilton Sallows|
|Married:||11 Jul 1925 Cross Village, Michigan|
Frank Hamilton Sallows Jr.|
Rosemary Frances Sallows
Melody K. Sallows
Petoskey News-Review, January 3, 1989:
Isadora M. Sallows, 90, of Harbor Springs, died Dec. 31, 1988, at Little Traverse Division, Northern Michigan Hospitals.
Funeral services were held today at the Stone Funeral Home, Petoskey. The Rev. Thomas Cook officiated and burial was in Mt. Hope Cemetery, Lansing.
The former Isadora M. Price was born July 26, 1898, in Denver, Colo., the daughter of James and Minnie (Main) Price. At a young age she moved to Lansing with her family. She attended school there and graduated from Lansing High School.
She then went to work at a Lansing bank and married Frank H. Sallows on July 11, 1925, in Cross Village. They were the first couple to be married in the Redpath Memorial Presbyterian Church in Cross Village.
The couple had resided in Lansing until 1969 when they moved to Harbor Springs.
Mr. Sallows preceded her in death in 1976.
Mrs. Sallows was a member of the Lansing State Journal Women’s Club.
She is survived by: one son, Frank H. Sallows Jr. of Lansing; two daughters, Mrs. Rosemary Stevens of Eureka and Mrs. John (Melody) Chapin of Harbor Springs; eight grandchildren; several great-grandchildren.
Arrangements were handled by the Stone Funeral Home, Petoskey.
- Birth variant: 21 Jul 1898 [Family records]
- 1900 Federal Census, Denver City, Arapahoe, Colorado, 4 June 1900, E. Center St.
- Price, James L.
- , Isadora, daughter, white, female, July 1898, 1, single, CO, IND, MI
- 1920 Federal Census Lansing, Ingham, Michigan
- Main, Mabel
- Price, Minnie P.
- , Isadora M., niece, female, white, 20, single, CO, MI, MI
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Sallows, Frank H. & Price, Isadora M.
- Date of Marriage: 7/11/1925
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 235
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Sallows, Isadora M.
- Date of Death: 12/31/1988
- Liber: 1988
- Folio: 490
- Place of Death: Petoskey, MI
- Sallows, Isadora
- Birth Date: 26 Jul 1898
- Death Date: 31 Dec 1988
- Social Security Number: 368-54-1705
- State Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49740
- Locality: Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Sallows, Isadora M. (Price}
- Age: 90
- Born: 7/26/1898
- Died: 12/31/1988
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Mt. Hope, Lansing
- Obituary: on file - PNR - 01/03/1989
- Burial: Mount Hope Cemetery Index, Lansing, Ingham, Michigan:
- Isadora M. Price Sallows
- Aunt Isadora has a grandson: Frank Hamilton Sallows