Joanna Barrett (1870-1908)
|Joanna "Josie" Barrett Howse|
|Born:||23 Aug 1870 Flynn Twp., Sanilac, Michigan|
|Died:||2 Nov 1908 Corwith Twp., Michigan|
|Spouse:||Albert Jeremiah Howse|
|Married:||28 Oct 1888 Sanilac, Michigan|
Pearl Frances Howse|
James Daniel Howse
Mary Jane Howse
Irene Amber Howse
Otsego County Herald, November 1908
Mrs. Howse, wife of Albert Howse, passed away very suddenly on Monday of this week at about noon. She was about forty years of age and leaves aside from a husband, two daughters and a son.
Mrs. Howse was taken violently ill on Sunday evening and the physician was summoned at once and though everything was done for her that was possible it was not sufficient to restore her to health and she passed away as stated.
The funeral was held Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock from the Gleaner hall in Ashley district where the family resided, the services being conducted by the Rev. H. E. Smith, pastor of the Methodist church of this place, and was attended by a large number of her friends and acquaintances of the family.
Mr. and Mrs. Howse came to this section from Brown City, Sanilac county about twelve years ago.
Joanna Barrett was born 23 August 1870 in Flynn Twp., Sanilac, Michigan.
She married Albert Jeremiah Howse on 28 October 1888 in Sanilac County, Michigan.
Josie died 2 November 1908 in Corwith Twp., Otsego, Michigan. She is buried in the Evergreen Hills Cemetery, Vanderbilt, Otsego, Michigan.
- Name variations:
- Josie [Son Daniel's birth record]
- Jessie [Death record]
- 1900 Federal Census Soundex, Corwith Twp., Otsego, Michigan
- Howse, Albert J.
- , Joanna, wife, Aug 1870, 29, Michigan married 12 years
- Obituary: Otsego County Public Library Index
- Publisher: The Vanderbilt Times (Published as part of Otsego County Times)
- Date: 1908 11 06
- Edition: Friday
- Title: Mrs. A Howse passed away
- Subjects: Obituaries: Howse, Mrs. A.
- Page: 6
- Microform#: 3
- Death: Vital Records, Gaylord, Otsego, Michigan, Vol. I, Page 84 #365:
- Date of Death: 2 Nov 1908
- Name: House, Jessie
- Place of Death: Corwith
- Disease: Shock
- Place of Birth: Canada
- Age: 38 yrs., 2 months, 10 days
- Occupation: House Wife
- Father: Geo. Barrett of Canada
- Mother: Anna Phelan of Canada
- Bertram, Brent. Ancestors of Brent & Janice Bertram, and related families:
- 1880 Census - 206 Wabash Ave, Detroit, MI shows "Ann Barrett" age 10 living with grandmother and stepgrandfather William and Catherine Durken. Also in household is Johanna Phalen, age 24. Next door is James Phalen (25) and his wife Mary O'Connor (23).