John Franklin Powell (1886-1887)
|John Franklin Powell|
|Born:||22 Jul 1886 Gunlock, Washington, Utah|
|Died:||5 Jun 1887 St. George, Utah|
|Mother:||Martha Ann Truman|
John Franklin Powell|
Jesse Truman Powell
Nathaniel Ashby Powell
John Franklin Powell was born Thursday, July 22nd, 1886 in Gunlock, Washington County, Utah Territory. He was the first child of John and Martha Ann Powell. He joined a mixed family. Both John and Martha had been married previously. John's family were in Millard County, Utah. Martha's first husband, Nathaniel Ashby had died about 4 years previously, leaving Martha a widow with 3 living children. John Franklin was Martha's seventh child.
When John was only 10 months old he became ill. He died on Sunday, June 5th, 1887, just 318 days old. According to his father's journal he was buried in the St. George cemetery.
- Black, Susan W. E. Early LDS Membership Data (Infobases, 1995)
- GEDCOM file from Paul E. Price, 19 May 1996
- Day, Stella H. Builders of Early Millard, p. 569
- Rogers, Sadie, Editor. John Powell's Journal, 1849-1901.Typewritten Manuscript, 1942.
- Birth: p. 142: John Franklin was born at Gunlock on the 22nd of July 1886.
- Family: p. 223: Children of John and Martha Ashby Powell:
- 1. John Franklin, born 22nd July 1886
- Death, Burial: p. 143: John Franklin was sick and continued to grow weaker, although we done everything we could. He died on the 5th of June . He was buried in the graveyard at St. George.