Joseph Vickery Robison (1832-1914)
|Joseph Vickery Robison|
Uncle Joe V.
|Born:||30 Dec 1832 Clay, New York|
|Died:||9 Dec 1914 Fillmore, Utah|
Benjamin Hancock Robison
Joseph Vickery Robison
Alvin Locke Robison
William Henry Robison
Lucretia Proctor Robison
Proctor Hancock Robison
Franklin Alonzo Robison
|Spouse:||(1) Martha Jane Olmstead|
|Married:||29 Mar 1858 Bethel, Michigan|
Joseph Lyman Robison
Alvin Vickery Robison
Almon Quincy Robison
Martha Ada Robison
George Edgar Robison
Mary Evelyn Robison
Proctor Hancock Robison
|Spouse:||(2) Elizabeth Wright Marshall|
|Married:||5 Oct 1888|
|Children:||Joseph Albert Robison|
Joseph Vickery Robison was born 30 December 1832 at Clay, Onondaga, New York.
His siblings are Alfred Robison, Benjamin Hancock Robison, Alvin Locke Robison, Emily Robison, William Henry Robison, Mary Robison, Lucretia Proctor Robison, Proctor Hancock Robison, Almon Robison, Albert Robison, Adelia Robison and Franklin Alonzo Robison.
He married first Martha Jane Olmstead on 29 March 1858 at Bethel, Branch, Michigan.
Their children are Moroni Robison, Joseph Lyman Robison, Alvin Vickery Robison, Almon Quincy Robison, Martha Ada Robison, George Edgar Robison, Mary Evelyn Robison, Eva Robison, Proctor Hancock Robison, Edith Robison and Albert Robison.
In 1882 and 1883 Joseph was elected to represent the citizens of Millard, Piute, and Beaver counties in the Utah Territorial Legislature.
He married second Elizabeth Wright Marshall on 5 October 1888.
Their child is Joseph Albert Robison.
Joseph died 9 December 1914 at Fillmore, Millard, Utah.
- Name variations:
- Vickory [Builders, p. 595]
- Joseph D. [1870 census]
- Joseph A. [burial record, p. 390]
- John Locke [alias used during "The Raid"]
- Ranney, Lucretia Lyman. American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, pp. 11-12.
- Black, Susan W. E. Early LDS Membership Data (Infobases, 1995)
- Builders of Early Millard, Day, Stella H., Editor, pp. 595-598, 603, 780
- Nicolo, Margaret LaDean Sutton Sweeting. Sweeting Family Records Binder
- Birth: From death information
- 1850 Federal Census, Illinois, Will County, Crete, Page #168, Dwelling #96, Family #97, Enumerated 20 Sep 1850:
- ROBINSON, Joseph
- Joseph B., 17, m, farmer, NY, att school
- Marriage variant: 1868 [Builders, p. 595]
- 1860 Federal Census, FHL Film #0805314, Utah, Millard County, Fillmore City, Page #104, Dwelling #897, Family #819, enumerated 13 Jul 1860:
- ROBINSON, Jos'h. V., 27, male, Far[mer], 300/100, NY
- Martha J., 19, female, MICH
- Jos'ph, 9/12, male, U. T.
- 1870 Federal Census, FHL Film #0553110, Utah, Millard County, Town: Fillmore, Post Office: Fillmore, Enumerated 25 Jun 1870, page 10, Dwelling 81, Family 75:
- ROBISON, Joseph D, 36, male, white, Nursery Man, 10000/7600, N.Y., vote
- Martha, 29, female, white, Keeping House, Mich
- Joseph L., 10, male, white, At School, Utah
- Alvin V., 8, male, white, At Home, Utah
- Almon D., 6, male, white, At Home, Utah
- Martha, 3, female, white, At Home, Utah
- George E., 10/12, male, white, Utah, born: Aug
- OWENS, Mary, 17, female, white, Domestic, Utah
- 1880 Federal Census, Disk 35, Fillmore, Millard, Utah, Source: FHL Film 1255336, Page 462A:
- Robison, Joseph V., head, male, married, white, 47, NY, Nursery Man, PA, VT
- , Martha Y., wife, female, married, white, 39, MI, Keeping House, MI, CAN
- , Joseph L., son, male, single, white, 20, UT, At School, NY, MI
- , Alvin V., son, male, single, white, 18, UT, Clerk In Store, NY, MI
- , Almon Q., son, male, single, white, 15, UT, At School, NY, MI
- , Martha A., daughter, female, single, white, 13, UT, At Home, NY, MI
- , George E., son, male, single, white, 10, UT, At School, NY, MI
- , Eva, daughter, female, single, white, 6, UT, NY, MI
- , Proctor H., son, male, single, white, 3, UT, NY, MI
- , Edith, daughter, female, single, white, 1, UT, NY, MI
- 2nd Marriage, variant: 5 Oct 1883 [Builders, p. 596]
- Death, Burial: Lichfield, Beulah Menlove. Cemetery Records, Fillmore, Millard County, Utah , p. 58:
- Name: ROBISON, Joseph V.
- Born: 30 Dec 1832 in New York state
- Age at Death:
- Parents: Jos. Robison & Lucretia P. Robison
- Died: 9 Dec 1914
- Buried: in Fillmore Block 92, Lot 1 & 2
- Reported by: Mrs. Edith Anderson
- Comments: Married. Lived most of life time in Fillmore.
- Death, Burial: Fillmore City Corporation, Cemetery Master List, by Deceased Name, 13 Jun 1994, p. 390:
- ROBISON, Joseph A.
- BLK 92, Lot 1, Grave 4
- b. New York
- d. 12-09-1914 Fillmore, Utah
- Comments: Age at death - 81 yrs 11 mo 9 days
- Current Owner: Robison, Howard A.
- Original Owner: