Josephine Martha Otto (1919-2001)
|Josephine Martha "White Owl" Otto Walker Adams|
|Born:||20 Aug 1919 Charlevoix, Michigan|
|Died:||16 Nov 2001 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||Joseph Foster Otto|
|Mother:||Christine May Baker|
Josephine Martha Otto|
Mildred J. Otto
Henrietta J. Otto
Hermes Joseph Otto
Mary Martina C. Otto
Simon George Otto
Ethel Lea Otto
Christine M. Otto
Veronica M. Otto
Donulus A. Otto
|Spouse:||Levi Joseph Walker|
|Married:||11 Oct 1941 Charlevoix, Michigan|
Freda Christine Walker|
Yvonne Marie Walker
Donna Mae Walker
Levi Joseph Walker
Pauline M. Walker
Petoskey News-Review, November 18, 2001:
Josephine M. Adams, also known as White Owl, 82, of Petoskey, passed on to the Spirit World Nov. 16, 2001, at Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey.
Funeral service will be 10 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, at the Charles G. Parks Funeral Home in Petoskey.
Mrs. Adams was born Aug. 20, 1919, in Charlevoix, the daughter of Foster and Christine (Baker) Otto. She attended school in Petoskey until graduation. She then went to college in Marquette and Green Bay, earning her nursing degree.
She worked at Charlevoix Area Hospital, Northern Michigan Hospital, and in private duty nursing in Georgia. She married Levi Walker Sr. on Oct. 11, 1941, in Charlevoix. Mrs. Adams was a member of the Saginaw Chippewa Tribe. She was a well-known watercolorist and finger-weaver.
Survivors include her son, Levi Walker Jr., of Petoskey; daughters, Pauline Walker of Charlevoix, Yvonne Walker Keshick of Pellston, Donna Walker of Petoskey; adopted daughter, Marilyn Zerbe, of Petoskey; stepdaughter, Lynn Ann Felcher, of Harbor Springs; sisters, Peggy Steele, Mildred Allen, Veronica High, Christine Reed; brothers, Simon Otto, Hermes Otto and Donnolus Otto; 20 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
Mrs. Adams was preceded in death by her husband, Levi Walker Sr.; parents, Foster and Christine Otto; daughter, Freda Schwander; sisters, Mary Deguvra and Ethel Garrow.
Visitation will be 3-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. today, Monday, Nov. 19, at the Charles G. Parks Funeral Home in Petoskey.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- WALKER, Levi & OTTO, Josephine
- Date of Marriage: 10/11/1941
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 50
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Adams, Josephine Martha
- Date of Death: 11/16/2001
- Liber: 2001
- Folio: 427
- Place of Death: Petoskey
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Adams, Josephine M. (Otto)
- Age: 82
- Born: 8/20/1919
- Died: 11/16/2001
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Unknown
- Obituary: on file
- Burial: FindAGrave memorial:#40683475
- MARRIAGE: Married Levi Joseph Walker in October 1941 Charlevoix Michigan. 11 Oct 1941
- BAPTISM: Baptized into Roman Catholic Church September 7th 1919. St. Mary Of the Assumption in Charlevoix Michigan.
- JOSEPH FOSTER OTTO - Indian Name: LITTLE RABBIT
- CHRISTINE BAKER - Indian Name: GLOOMING MOON
AGE: 82 years of age at time of passing. (by Kokopelli)