Kathryn E. Hartung (1887-1961)
|Kathryn E. "Katie" Hartung Chellis|
Greenwood Cemetery, Van, MI
|Born:||2 Nov 1887 Center Twp., Michigan|
|Died:||4 May 1961 Petoskey, Michigan|
Elsie Mary Hartung|
David H. Hartung
Mabel Mathilda Hartung
Kathryn E. Hartung
George Balsfor Hartung
Susan M. E. Hartung
Harry H. Hartung
Elmer Guy Hartung
|Spouse:||William Guy Chellis|
|Married:||1 May 1907 Petoskey, Michigan|
Gertrude Ida Chellis|
Frank B. Chellis
Beatrice Irene Chellis
Leona S. Chellis
Mabel Adelaide Chellis
Petoskey News-Review, May 1961:
Services will be held Friday at 2 p.m. from the Levering Methodist Church for Mrs. Kathryn Chellis, 73, of Pellston, who died yesterday at the Turk Nursing Home, where she had been a patient since last October. Rev. John Miller will officiate and interment will be in Maple View cemetery, Center township.
She was born at Lark's Lake on November 2, 1887 and was married to William Chellis in rites at Petoskey May 1, 1907. He preceded her in death on July 4, 1939.
Mrs. Chellis was a member of the Ely Grange and the Pellston Methodist church.
Survivors include four daughters, Mrs. Albert (Gertrude) Ball and Mrs. O.K. (Mabel) Mallory of Levering; Mrs. Alva (Beatrice) Rasmussen of Washington, D. C.; a son, Frank B. Chellis of Harbor Springs; 15 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren; a sister, Mrs. Elsie Bonter of Pellston and a brother, Elmer Hartung of Harbor Springs.
The body will lie in state at the home of Mrs. O.K. Mallory at Levering until time for services.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Chellis, William G. & Hartung, Katie
- Date of Marriage: 5/1/1907
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 34
- Re: Philip HARTUNG , Perth Co., Ontario, Canada
- Posted by: William Mallory
- Date: September 17, 2005
- In Reply to: Roberta Anderson
- My Grandmother on my mothers side was Kathryn Hartung, daughter of Henry Hartung b. 1861 & d. 1910 and Lavina Lark b. 22 Nov. 1866 & d. 25 May 1939 from Perth Co., Ont. Canada. They moved to Emmet Co., Mich where my grandmother was born. Henry's parents were Philip Hartung b. Abt. 1839 and Maria Hartung (they were first cousins). Maria was born in Canada the daughter of Johan Heinrich Hartung and Christina Louise Schmidt of Kirchheimbolanden, Germany. Philip was the son of Johann Carl Hartung and Anna Elisabetha Hartung (also first cousins).
- The parents of Lavina Lark were Balsfer C. Lark b. 8 Oct. 1843 & d. 16 July 1897 and Catherine Gindrich b. 16 Nov. 1844 & d. 16 Dec. 1918.