Laura Ida Holdorph (1921-2002)
|Laura Ida Holdorph Wolf Bice Allen|
|Born:||31 Jul 1921 Good Hart, Michigan|
|Died:||16 Oct 2002 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Father:||Ernest Frederick Burr Wilhelm Holdorph|
|Mother:||Anna Elizabeth Wheat|
Frederick Burr Holdorph|
Alma Bertha Holdorph
Jedediah Dunning Holdorph
Viola Clarissa Holdorph
Marie Louisa Holdorph
Mamie Beatrice Holdorph
Lettie Martha Holdorph
John Albert Holdorph
Laura Ida Holdorph
|Children:||Robert Duane Holdorph|
|Spouse:||Preston Hopkins Allen|
|Married:||28 Jun 1964 Gilbert, Arizona|
Petoskey News-Review, Thursday, 17 Oct 2002:
Laura I. Allen, 81, of Harbor Springs, passed away Oct. 16, 2002, at the Emmet County Medical Care Facility in Harbor Springs.
Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21, at the Charles G. Parks Funeral Home in Petoskey. V.P. Michael Waters will officiate. Interment will be in Lakeview Cemetery in Harbor Springs.
Mrs. Allen was born July 31, 1921, in Good Hart, the daughter of Ernie and Annie (Wheat) Holdorph.
She married Preston Allen in June of 1965 in Mesa, Ariz.
Mrs. Allen was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Petoskey.
Laura had many friends at Hillside Apartments where she lived.
Survivors include her son, Donald and wife Dorothy (Schlosser) Wolf, of Flint; son, Lester and friend, Neva, of Cheboygan; daughter, Alice Weiss, of Lennon, Mich.; daughter, Violet and husband, George, of Nixa, Mo.; daughter-in-law, Jackie Wolf, of Flint; 14 grandchildren; 35 great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins; and special friend, June Kissel, of Hillside Apartments.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Preston Allen; son, Robert Holdorph; and daughter, Louise Wolf.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorials be made to Emmet County Medical Care Facility, The Latter-day Saints Church of Petoskey, or the American Cancer Society. Envelopes for memorials will be available at the Charles G. Parks Funeral Home in Petoskey where visitation will be held from 11 a.m. until the time of service on Monday Oct. 21.
- Petoskey News-Review, Wednesday, 18 Apr 1984, Obituary: Godzik, Lettie M. Holdorph Schlosser
- Petoskey News-Review, Wednesday, 26 Apr 2000, Obituary: Holdorph, Robert Duane
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Laura ALLEN
- Birth Date: 31 Jul 1921
- Death Date: 16 Oct 2002
- Social Security Number: 368-24-6121
- State Where Number Was Issued: Michigan
- Death Residence Zip Code: 49740
- Harbor Point, Emmet, Michigan
- Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Wequetonsing, Emmet, Michigan
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Allen, Laura I
- Date of Death: 10/16/2002
- Liber: 2002
- Folio: 379
- Place of Death: Harbor Springs
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Allen, Laura I. (Holdorph)
- Age: 81
- Born: 7/31/192
- Died: 10/16/2002
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on file