Lavina Lark (1865-1939)
|Lavina Lark Hartung|
|Born:||22 Mar 1865 Tabistock, Canada|
|Died:||25 May 1939 Center Twp., Michigan|
|Father:||Balser C. Lark|
Matilda B. Lark
Susanna Elizabeth Lark
|Married:||28 Nov 1882 Reed City, Michigan|
Elsie Mary Hartung|
David H. Hartung
Mabel Mathilda Hartung
Kathryn E. Hartung
George Balsfor Hartung
Susan M. E. Hartung
Harry H. Hartung
Elmer Guy Hartung
Petoskey Evening News, Friday, May 26, 1939:
FOR MRS. HARTUNG
SET FOR SATURDAY
Funeral rites for Mrs. Lavina Hartung, who passed away on Thursday morning from a heart attack will be held from the Hartung home at Lark's Lake at 2 o'clock Saturday afternoon with Rev. G. A. Weaver of Petoskey officiating.
Lavina Lark was born at Tabistock, Canada, on March 22, 1865, and when 16 years of age came to Reed City and married Henry Hartung. The next year they came to Lark's Lake where they settled on the farm where she had since lived. Mr. Hartung passed away many years ago.
Mrs. Hartung was a member of the Methodist church and took part in the social activities of the community.
Nine children survive: Davis Hartung, of Alanson; Mrs. Pearl Bonter, of Pellston; Mrs. Charles Whitehill, of Harbor Springs; Mrs. William Chellis, of Pellston; George, Alex, and Elmer, of Harbor Springs; Harry Hartung, Cincinnati; and Mrs. George Stark, of Pellston. There are also: 54 grandchildren; 34 great grandchildren; one brother, Alex Lark, of Pellston; and a sister, Mrs. George Botsford.
- Name variations:
- Lovina [1880 census]
- Alvina [1910 census]
- 1880 Federal Census, Pinora, Lake, Michigan:
- Lark, Balser C.
- , Lovina, daughter, single, female, white, 13, CAN, At School, GER, CAN
- Marriage: FamilySearch IGI, Extracted Marriage Record, Osceola Co., MI:
- Groom: Harting, Henry
- Bride: Lark, Lovinia
- Married: 28 Nov 1882 Reed City, Osceola, Michigan
- 1910 Federal Census, Center Twp., Emmet, Michigan
- Hartung, Alvina, head , 44, widow, 9 - 9, Can, Germany, Canada, Farmer
- , George, son, 21, single, MI, Can, Can
- , Alexander, son, 19, single, MI, Can, Can
- , Susie, daughter, 16, single, MI, Can, Can
- , Harry, son, 12, single, MI, Can, Can
- , Elmer, son, 4, single, MI, Can, Can
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- HARTUNG, Lavina
- Date of Death: 5/25/1939
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 468
- Place of Death: Center Township
- Burial: Greenwood Center Cemetery Index, Emmet, Michigan:
- Hartung, Lavina
- Born: 1865
- Died: 1939
- Notes: “Mother”
- Re: Philip HARTUNG , Perth Co., Ontario, Canada
- Posted by: William Mallory
- Date: September 17, 2005
- In Reply to: Roberta Anderson
- My Grandmother on my mothers side was Kathryn Hartung, daughter of Henry Hartung b. 1861 & d. 1910 and Lavina Lark b. 22 Nov. 1866 & d. 25 May 1939 from Perth Co., Ont. Canada. They moved to Emmet Co., Mich where my grandmother was born.
- The parents of Lavina Lark were Balsfer C. Lark b. 8 Oct. 1843 & d. 16 July 1897 and Catherine Gindrich b. 16 Nov. 1844 & d. 16 Dec. 1918.