Leo J. Lasley (1900-1994)
|Leo J. Lasley|
Maple River Twp. Cemetery, Brutus
|Born:||2 Dec 1900 Cross Village, Michigan|
|Died:||13 Aug 1994 Little Traverse Twp., Michigan|
|Father:||Henry L. Lasley|
|Mother:||Mary J. Kruzell|
Leo J. Lasley|
Edward Lloyd Lasley
Mary Irene Lasley
Robert Joseph Lasley
George Henry Lasley
|Spouse:||Sally Frances Kruskie|
|Married:||5 Jan 1922 Emmet Co., Michigan|
Dale Francis Lasley|
|Married:||1946 Ann Arbor, Michigan|
Petoskey News-Review, Monday, August 15, 1994
Leo J. Lasley, 93, of Little Traverse Township, died Aug. 13, 1994, at the home of his son, Dale Lasley.
Funeral will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17, at the Schiller Funeral Chapel of Harbor Springs. The Rev. Frank Kordek of Holy Childhood Catholic Church will officiate. Burial will be in Maple River Township Cemetery, Brutus.
Mr. Lasley was born Dec. 2, 1900, in Cross Village and attended school at Holy Childhood Catholic School in Cross Village.
Mr. Lasley was a veteran of World War II serving with the U.S. Army.
In 1946, he married Dorothy Diamond in Ann Arbor, and the couple made their home at Whitmore Lake. Mrs. Lasley preceded him in death in 1971.
Mr. Lasley retired in 1964 from the former Hoover Ball & Bearing Co. of Ann Arbor. He made his home in Dexter for a period of time, and for the past six months he lived with his son and daughter-in-law, Dale and Marceil Lasley, of Harbor Springs.
Mr. Lasley enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Survivors include one son and daughter-in-law, Dale and Marceil Lasley of Harbor Springs; two sisters, Mrs. Melvina Page of Dexter, and Mrs. Olive Luck and her husband, Jerry, of Harrison; one brother, George Lasley of Cross Village; and several nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Hospice of Little Traverse Bay.
Envelopes for memorial contributions are available at the Schiller Funeral Chapel of Harbor Springs where visitation will be held 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 16.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Lasley, Leo & Kruski, Frances
- Date of Marriage: 1/5/1922
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 145
- Marriage: Collection: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Groom's name: Leo Lasley
- Groom's age: 21 years
- Groom's birth year: 1901
- Groom's birthplace: Cross Village
- Bride's name: Francis Kruski
- Bride's age: 17 years
- Bride's birth year: 1905
- Bride's birthplace: Cross Village
- Marriage date: 05 Jun 1922
- Marriage place: Cross Village, Emmet, Michigan
- Groom's father's name: Henry Lasley
- Groom's mother's name: Mary Krusel
- Father of bride's name: Frank Kruski
- Mother of bride's name: Sallie Kalinski
- Film number: 2342747
- Digital GS number: 4209967
- Image number: 571
- Reference number: v 2 rn 36
- Collection: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Lasley, Leo
- Date of Death: 8/13/1994
- Liber: 1994
- Folio: 330
- Place of Death: Little Traverse Twp.