Leon Robert Bayha (1914-1996)
|Leon Robert Bayha|
Bliss Twp. Cemetery
|Born:||18 Nov 1914 Levering, Emmet, Michigan|
|Died:||21 Sep 1996 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Father:||Frank Conrad Bayha|
|Mother:||Blanche Kittie Shorter|
Vera Grace Bayha|
Lester Earle Bayha
Fern Violet Bayha
Lydia Emma Bayha
Otto Carl Bayha
Leon Robert Bayha
Kenneth Lynn Bayha
|Married:||30 Jan 1937 Levering, Michigan|
Betty Jean Bayha|
Robert Leon Bayha
Sandra L. Bayha
Baby Girl Bayha
Petoskey News-Review, Monday, 23 Sep 1996:
Leon Robert Bayha, 81, of Levering, died Sept. 21, 1996, at the Emmet County Medical Care Facility in Harbor Springs.
Funeral will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 24, at Stone Funeral Home in Petoskey. The Rev. David Behling will officiate. Burial will take place in Bliss Township Cemetery.
Mr. Bayha was born Nov. 18, 1914, in Levering, the son of Frank and Blanche (Shorter) Bayha. He grew up in Levering and attended school in Levering and Pellston.
On Jan. 30, 1937, he married Lillian Overholt in Levering.
Leon lived with Lillian in Levering until 1957, when they moved to Petoskey. Leon was director of the Canby School, which was on the corner of Levering and Canby roads in Bliss Township. He was also an active member of the South Bliss Grange.
Leon was a farmer for many years. He also worked as a carpenter.
His hobbies included woodworking, cribbage and gardening.
Survivors include his children, Betty, Thorp and her husband, John, of Brutus, Sandra Ball and her husband, Allen, of Columbiaville, and Diane Bayha of Petoskey; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one brother, Ken Bayha and his wife, Ruth, of Petoskey; two sisters, Violet Myers of Toledo, Ohio, and Lydia Lumpp of Levering; and many nieces and nephews. Leon was preceded in death by his wife, Lillian, in April 1996; and by his son, Bob, in 1993.
The family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Emmet County Medical Care Facility. Envelopes for memorials are available at Stone Funeral Home, where visitation will be held from 7-9 p.m. today, Sept. 23.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Bayha, Leon & Overholt, Lillian
- Date of Marriage: 1/30/1937
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 15
- Petoskey News-Review, Monday, 5 Jan 1976, Obituary: Mallory, Elsie Clara Bayha
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- BAYHA, Leon Robert
- Date of Death: 9/21/1996
- Liber: 1996
- Folio: 349
- Place of Death: Harbor Springs, MI.
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Bayha, Leon Robert
- Age: 81
- Born: 11/18/1914
- Died: 9/21/1996
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Bliss Township, Bliss
- Obituary: on file - PNR 09/23/1996
- Source: A Family Affair, Blog Aug 2008:
- Memorial Card - Leon Robert Bayha
- Leon was another of my granduncles the second youngest of seven. I had met Leon and his wife Lillian a few times when I was a kid, once in the assisted lively complex they resided in for a while. I remember it being a nice visit, but am unable to recall much else.
- As with most items that I have, this memorial card was found amongst the items my father brought back with him. I only scanned the inside of the card and should probably go back and do the outside as well.
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me
I took His hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all
I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work or play
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found that place at the close of day
If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Ah yes, these things, I too, will miss
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine tomorrow
My life's been full, I savored much
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your heart and share with me
God wanted me now, He set me free
Inside - Right
In Loving Memory Of
Leon Robert Bayha
November 18, 1914
September 21, 1996
Tuesday; September 24, 1996
Stone Funeral Home
Rev. David Behling
Bliss Township Cemetery
- Petoskey News-Review, Friday, 10 Jun 2005, Obituary: Thorp, Betty Jean Bayha