Lucretia Proctor Robison (1841-1929)
|Lucretia Proctor Robison|
|Born:||18 May 1841 Schroeple, New York|
|Died:||24 May 1929 Snowflake, Arizona|
Benjamin Hancock Robison
Joseph Vickery Robison
Alvin Locke Robison
William Henry Robison
Lucretia Proctor Robison
Proctor Hancock Robison
Franklin Alonzo Robison
|Spouse:||James Clark Owens|
|Married:||16 Jan 1856 Fillmore, Utah|
James Clark Owens|
Marion Alfred Owens
Lucretia Adelphia Owens
Clarence Edward Owens
Elsie Abigail Owens
Joseph Alonzo Owens
Mary Amelia Owens
Lillis Alvira Owens
Franklin Horace Owens
Adelia Lucretia Owens
Based upon Lucretia Lyman Ranney's sketch in American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, pp. 11-12:
Lucretia Proctor Robison was the eighth child and third daughter (the first to reach maturity) of Joseph Robison and Lucretia Hancock. She was born 18 May 1841 in Schroeple, Oswego, New York. There is no town by the name of Schroeple in New York now. Uncle Alvin says it was the name of the Township where they lived and also the name of the man they purchased their land from. I think it must have been close to the town of Phoenix, Oswego, New York now.
Lucretia came with her parents to Fillmore, Utah in August 1854 where she married 16 January 1856, James Clark Owens, They lived in Fillmore until about 1880 when they moved to Woodruff, Arizona.
Lucretia and James had 12 children: James Clark, Marion Alfred, Lucretia Adelphia, Clarence Edward, Elsie Abigail, Joseph Alonzo, Mary Amelia, John, Lillis Alvira, Zina, Franklin Horace and Adelia Lucretia. The first ten were born in Fillmore, Utah and the last two were born in Woodruff, Arizona.
Lucretia died at Snowflake, Arizona on 24 May 1929 and is buried in Woodruff, Arizona.
- Name variant: Robinson [Geddes FGR]
- Ranney, Lucretia Lyman. American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, pp. 11-12
- Black, Susan W. E. Early LDS Membership Data (Infobases, 1995)
- Builders of Early Millard, Stella H. Day, ed., pp. 541, 544-546, 603
- Lichfield, Beulah Menlove. Cemetery Records, Fillmore, Millard Co., Utah, p. 48
- Warner, Julia Stevens. Warner Writings, p. 11
- LDS Family Group Record Collection [Patron Section]
- Submitted by: David Roy Geddes
- Family of: Lorenzo Wilford Hatch & Adelia Owens
- Nicolo, Margaret LaDean Sutton Sweeting. Sweeting Family Records Binder
- 1850 Federal Census, Illinois, Will County, Crete, Page #168, Dwelling #96, Family #97, Enumerated 20 Sep 1850:
- ROBINSON, Joseph
- Lucretia, 9, f, NY, att school
- Marriage: FHL Film #1059486, Item #4, Rogers, Sarah. Fillmore Branch Registration, p. 2:
- Number: 11
- Male: James Clark Owens
- Female: Lucretia Robison
- Registered: 7 Feb 1859, at Fillmore, by John Kelly
- Married: 16 Jan 1856 (at Fillmore), by Brigham Young
- Marriage: Western States Marriage Record Index:
- ID Number: 251123
- Groom: James Clark Owens, Jr.
- Bride: Lucretia Proctor Robison
- Married: 16 Jan 1856, Fillmore
- County of Record: Millard, Utah
- Volume/Page: v. 22, p. 268
- Source: LDS Genealogical Surveys (FHL Film #1059460)
- Marriage variant: 16 Jan 1850 [Sweeting binder]
- Census: 1860 Federal Census, Utah, Millard County, Fillmore City, Page #101, Dwelling #879, Family #803, enumerated 12 Jul 1860:
- OWENS, Ja's.
- Lucretia, 18, f, NY
- Census: 1870 Federal Census, Utah, Millard County, Town: Fillmore, Post Office: Fillmore, Enumerated 24 Jun 1870, page 5, Dwelling 36, Family 35:
- OWENS, James C.
- Lucretia, 28, f, w, Keeping House, N.Y.
- Census: 1910 Federal Census, Arizona, Navajo, Woodruff, Enumeration District 87, Sheet no . 10A, Enumerated 28 Apr 1910, Dwelling #125, Family #140:
- Owens, Lucretia P., Head, F, W, 68, Wd, 12 children, 7 living, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, none
- Death variant: 24 May 1937 [Sweeting binder]