Lydia Emma Bayha (1905-1998)
|Lydia Emma Bayha Lumpp|
Bliss Twp. Cemetery
|Born:||27 Nov 1905 Bliss Twp., Michigan|
|Died:||14 Mar 1998 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||Frank Conrad Bayha|
|Mother:||Blanche Kittie Shorter|
Vera Grace Bayha|
Lester Earle Bayha
Fern Violet Bayha
Lydia Emma Bayha
Otto Carl Bayha
Leon Robert Bayha
Kenneth Lynn Bayha
|Married:||13 Aug 1922 Alanson, Michigan|
Vera Grace Lumpp|
Donald Tom Lumpp
Helen Ruth Lumpp
Judith A. Lumpp
Petoskey News-Review, Monday, March 16, 1998
Lydia E. Lumpp, 92, of Petoskey and formerly of Center Township, died Saturday, March 14, 1998, at Northern Michigan Hospital.
Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, at Stone Funeral Home in Petoskey. The Rev. David Behling will officiate. Burial will be in Bliss Township Cemetery.
Lydia was born Nov. 27, 1905, in Bliss Township, the daughter of Frank and Blanche (Shorter) Bayha.
She grew up in the Bliss Township area and attended school in Bliss.
On Aug. 13, 1922, she married Thomas Lumpp in Alanson. The couple made their home in Center Township. Mr. Lumpp preceded her in death in 1978. She moved to Petoskey in 1992.
Lydia and her husband owned and operated their own farm for many years.
She was a member of the Emmet County Farm Bureau, and a former member of the Bliss Grange. She had also been an active member in the Friendship Center in Levering.
She is survived by three daughters, Helen and her husband, William Carlson, of Bliss Township, Vera and her husband, John Godzik, of Petoskey, and Judy and her husband, Donald Kruskie, of Petoskey; one son, Donald Lumpp and his wife Kathleen, of Petoskey; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; one sister, Violet Myers, of Toledo, Ohio; one brother, Kenneth Bayha and his wife, Ruth, of Petoskey; and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be 6-8 p.m. today, March 16, at the Stone Funeral Home in Petoskey.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Bliss Missionary Church.
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Lummp, Tom & Bayha, Lydia
- Date of Marriage: 8/13/1922
- Liber: 4
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages 1868-1925
- Groom's name: Tom Lumpp
- Groom's age: 29 years
- Groom's birth year: 1893
- Groom's birthplace: Indiana
- Bride's name: Lydia Bayha
- Bride's age: 16 years
- Bride's birth year: 1906
- Bride's birthplace: Michigan
- Marriage date: 13 Aug 1922
- Marriage place: Alanson, Emmet, Michigan
- Groom's father's name: Frank Snyder
- Groom's mother's name: Carrie Rowe
- Father of bride's name: Frank Bayha
- Mother of bride's name: Blanche Shorter
- Film number: 2342747
- Digital GS number: 4209967
- Image number: 574
- Reference number: v 2 rn 67
- Burial: FindAGrave:
- Lydia E Bayha Lumpp
- BIRTH 27 Nov 1905
- DEATH 14 Mar 1998
- BURIAL Bliss Township Cemetery Bliss, Emmet County, Michigan, USA
- MEMORIAL ID 62472941
- Photo by Jim Shearer
- Petoskey News-Review, Monday, 5 Jan 1976, Obituary: Mallory, Elsie Clara Bayha
- Petoskey News-Review, Monday, 23 Sep 1996, Obituary: Bayha, Leon Robert