Mabel Alice Adams (1886-1950)
|Mabel Alice Adams|
|Born:||7 Feb 1886 Canada|
|Died:||28 Feb 1950 Clearwater, Florida|
|Siblings:||Mabel Alice Adams|
|Spouse:||Henry William Melching|
|Married:||20 Nov 1915 Petoskey, Michigan|
Petoskey Evening News, Tuesday, February 28, 1950:
Dies In Florida
HARBOR SPRINGS -- Mrs. Mable Melching, about 65, of Harbor Springs died today at MortonPlant Hospital in Clearwater, Fla. She was en route north from Texas and suffered a stroke on Friday in Clearwater.
The body will be sent to Harbor Springs and funeral arrangements will be made later.
Petoskey Evening News, Wednesday, March 1, 1950:
HARBOR SPRINGS -- Mable Melching, 64, the former Mable Adams, died Tuesday morning at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater, Fla., where she was taken when she became ill on Friday.
She was born in Canda, February 7, 1886, and resided at 138 West Bay street, Harbor Springs. When she became ill she was en route north after visiting Texas and Florida. She came from Manistee when a young girl and was married November 20, 1915, to Henry Melching, deceased, who was bookkeeper at the Melching Boat Works for many years.
Surviving is an adopted son, John, of Harbor Springs, a student at Houston Texas College, and a stepson, Wilbur Melching of Harbor Springs.
Mrs. Melching was a member of the Episcopal church, OES and Auxiliary to the American Legion. Funeral arrangements will be made upon arrival of the body here.
Petoskey Evening News, Thursday, March 2, 1950:
HARBOR SPRINGS -- Funeral services for Mrs. Mable Melching will be held Monday at 2:30 p.m. from the home at 138 West Bay street. The Rev. Carl Hoch of the Episcopal Church will conduct the services. Interment will be at the Lake View cemetery. The body will be at the home on Sunday where friends may call.
For many years Mrs. Melching was bookkeeper at the Melching Boat Works in Harbor Springs which was owned by her husband, now deceased.
- Name variant: Powers [Howse Best-Mar26,2005.paf]
- Birth variant: 1886 [Melching Descendants File]
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages: http://www.co.emmet.mi.us/clerk/marriagerecords.aspx
- MELCHING, Henry W. & ADAMS, Mabel
- Date: 11/20/1915
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 158
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
- Groom's Name: Henry W. Melching
- Groom's Age: 40 years
- Groom's Birth Date: 1875
- Groom's Birthplace: Ohio
- Bride's Name: Mabel Adams
- Bride's Age: 30 years
- Bride's Birth Date: 1885
- Bride's Birthplace: Canada
- Marriage Date: 20 Nov 1915
- Marriage Place: Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan
- Groom's Father: A. F. Melching
- Groom's Mother: Augusta Melching
- Bride's Father: John Adams
- Bride's Mother: Elizabeth Winters
- Film Number: 2342710
- Digital Folder Number: 4209133
- Image Number: 80
- Reference Number: v 2 p 98 rn 169
- 1930 Federal Census, Harbor Springs Village, Emmet, Michigan
- Melching, Henry W.
- , Mabel A., wife, female, white, 44, married at 30, Can, Can, Can,
- , John H., ---, male, white, 15, single, MI, US, US
- Adams, William H., nephew, male, white, 7, single, MI, MI, MI
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths: http://www.co.emmet.mi.us/clerk/deathrecords.aspx
MELCHING, Mabel Adams Date: 2/28/1950 Liber: OC Folio: 9999 Place of Death: Clearwater, Florida
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan http://www.interment.net/data/us/mi/emmet/lakeview/lake_mo.htm
Melching, Mabel, d. Mar 6, 1950, Sec I Lot-10