Mabel May Planck (1882-1921)
|Mabel May Planck Powers|
Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs
|Born:||Sep 1882 of Eden, Indiana|
|Died:||1 Oct 1921 Carpenteria, California|
|Father:||Joseph Ludwig Planck|
|Mother:||Alice M. Schreck|
Orley Ray Planck|
Mabel May Planck
Gordon Gix Planck
Wallace Wadsworth Planck
|Spouse:||Maurice Alva Powers|
|Married:||1 Oct 1906 Petoskey, Michigan|
Doris Irene Powers|
William Scott Powers
Sybil Marian Powers
Petoskey Evening News, Saturday, September 17, 1921:
YOUNG WOMAN DIES IN
SANTA BARBARA, CAL.
Mr. and Mrs. P. A. Powers have received word that their daughter in law, Mabel Plank Powers, wife of Maurice A. Powers, has died in a hospital in Santa Barbara, Calif., following an operation for appendicitis.
Mrs. Powers was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Planck, former Harbor Springs residents.
She grew to womanhood here and had many friends who will regret to learn of her death.
Beside her husband she is survived by three children two daughters and a son, her father and mother, two brothers and two sisters.
- 1900 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan:
- Planck, Joseph L.
- , Mabel, daughter, white, female, Sept 1882, 17, single, Ind, OH, Ind, At School
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- POWERS, Maurice A. & PLANCK, Mable
- Date: 10/1/1906
- Liber: 3
- Folio: 230
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
- Groom's Name: Morrice A. Powers
- Groom's Age: 21 years
- Groom's Birth Date: 1885
- Groom's Birthplace: Michigan
- Groom's Father: P. A.
- Groom's Mother: Marsha Chappin
- Bride's Name: Mable Blank
- Bride's Age: 23 years
- Bride's Birth Date: 1883
- Bride's Birthplace: Indiana
- Bride's Father: Joseph
- Bride's Mother:
- Marriage Date: 01 Oct 1906
- Marriage Place: Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Film Number: 2342673
- Digital Folder Number: 4208688
- Image Number: 600
- Reference Number: v 2 p 92 rn 138
- 1910 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan, 226
- Powers, Maurice, head, 25, married 1, OH, Can, OH, Plummer
- , Mable, wife, 25, married 1, 0 kids, Ind, PA, Ind
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery Index, Emmet Co., Michigan:
- POWERS, Mable
- Date: OCT 1, 1921
- Source: Ancestry World Tree: Powers Family:
- Jim Powers
- also letter from Jim to Joanne & Arnold Howse.