Marjorie Brunson (1920-2004)
11 Jan 1920Fillmore, Utah
29 Jul 2004Fillmore, Utah
|Father:||Peter Lorenzo Brunson, Jr.|
German Ellsworth Brunson|
Helen Delell Brunson
|Spouse:||Wayne Ashby Robison|
14 May 1942Salt Lake City, Utah
David Ashby Robison|
Lorenzo Brunson Robison
The Salt Lake Tribune, Tuesday, 3 Aug 2004:
Marjorie Brunson Robison passed away July 29, 2004 at her home in Fillmore, UT.
She was born January 11, 1920 in Fillmore to Lorenzo (Ren) and Isabel Carling Brunson.
She married Wayne Ashby Robison on May 14, 1942 in the Salt Lake Temple.
After graduating from BYU, she and Ashby worked at Geneva Steel in Orem and went on to teach at the Utah Valley Vocational School until it closed. Marjorie and Ashby moved back to Fillmore where they have been ever since. She was a devoted member of the LDS church and served in many capacities. She also served two missions to the Manti Temple and worked as mission secretary in the Tennessee, Nashville mission. Marjorie's life was devoted to music and service to her fellow man. Her keen sense of humor and compassionate disposition were but few of her many admirable traits.
Marjorie is survived by: daughter, Racquel (Alan) Williams of Lincoln, NE; son, Lorenzo 'Ren' (Kelly) Robison of Fillmore, UT; four grandchildren and one great-granddaughter; sisters; Helen B. Smedley of Mountain Green, UT and Marilyn Brunson of Murray, UT; brothers, G. Ellsworth Brunson of Kaysville, UT and Brandon A. Brunson of Fruit Heights, UT.
She is preceded in death by her parents, husband and son, David Ashby Robison.
During the challenging last year of her life, she was given exceptional care by her devoted son and daughter-in-law, Ren and Kelly Robison.
The family wishes to express their gratitude to Fillmore IHC Hospice Staff for the care given to Marjorie. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to IHC Hospice (674 South Hwy 99, Fillmore, UT 84631) or the LDS church mission fund.
Funeral services: Thursday, August 5, 2004 at 12:00 Noon in the Fillmore Stake Center (300 West Center Street). Viewing: Wednesday, August 4, 2004 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at Olpin Southern Utah Mortuary (55 West 200 South, Fillmore) and Thursday, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. at the church, prior to the funeral.
- Despain, Carrie Robison and Garner, Melba Despain. History & Genealogy of the Franklin Alonzo Robison Family, p. 30.
- The Salt Lake Tribune, Thursday, 8 May 2003, Obituary: Robison, Wayne Ashby
- The Salt Lake Tribune, Wednesday, 11 Jun 2003, Obituary: Brunson, Lena Mangum
- Lyman, Melvin Anderson. FHL CD-ROM no. 1608, Thomas Callister Descendants:
- Name: Robison Marjorie (Brunson)
- Birth date: 11 Jan 1920
- Father: Peter Lorenzo Brunson Jr.
- Mother: Isabel Carling
- Height: 5' 5 1/2"
- Weight: Too much
- Eyes: Hazel
- Hair: Brown
- Schools Attended:
- 1934 Graduated from Fillmore Elementary School
- Millard Stake Junior Seminary
- 1937 Millard Stake Senior Seminary
- 1938 Millard High School
- 1942 Brigham Young University B.S.
- Occupation(s): Housewife
- Spouse's Occupation: Partner In Robison Cleaning & Laundry and Agent for NAC
- Church, positions:
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Organist: Fillmore First Ward; Sunday School; MIA; Relief Society. Organist: Millard Stake; Stake MIA; Stake Relief Society. Accompanist for Singing Mothers. Secretary of YLMIA Second Counselor in Fillmore First Ward Relief Society. Advisor in LDS Girls' Program. Primary: Second Counselor, First Counselor and Ward Primary President. Sunday School Teacher. Relief Society Literary Class Leader also Visiting Teacher. Primary Teacher. YLMIA Teacher
- Military service:
- Civic positions/activities:
- Hobbies, interestes, talents: Children, music and flowers
- The Salt Lake Tribune, Tuesday, 1 Nov 2005, Obituary: Brunson, German Ellsworth