Martha Spencer (1793-1876)
From Biographical Wiki
|Martha Spencer Truman|
|Born:||22 Jul 1793, Unadilla, New York|
|Died:||3 Dec 1876, Fillmore, Utah|
Amas Kees Spencer
George Clinton Spencer
Sophia Maria Spencer
|Spouse:||John Franklin Truman|
|Married:||abt 1810, Tioga, Pennsylvania|
Mariah Ann Truman|
Adeliza Lauretta Truman
Rhoda Sarah Truman
Jacob Mica Truman
The Deseret News, Wednesday, 17 Jan 1877:
Died: At Fillmore, Dec. 3, 1876, while journeying southward, PATTY TRUMAN, aged 83 years, 4 months and 12 days. Deceased was the mother of Elder Jacob M. Truman, of Hamblin, Washington Co., Utah; was conveyed to and buried at that place by her son. She was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Dec., 1844, in Michigan, by Elder Lyman Stoddard; gathered with the Saints at Nauvoo, 1845, was a widow, a noble and kind mother, faithfully performing the duties of the toilsome journey and the early settlement in the mountains; was a faithful Saint to the end of her mortal life.--Com.
- Nickname: Patty [obit, tombstone]
- Ordinances: Rebaptized on 8 Oct 1981 in Salt Lake Temple.
- Death: From obituary information.
- Death variations:
- 1875 [pink pedigree]
- 16 Dec 1878 [Gravestone]
- Gravestone: Hamblin Cemetery (visited 3 Aug 1996 by the Robison family):
- "Patty" Martha Spencer Truman Wife of John Franklin Truman July 22, 1793 Dec. 16, 1878
- Burial variant: Nellie Rae Hunt Jones states in her book As time goes by that Patty was buried in Hebron.
- Obituary: UTGenWeb, Abstracts, Deseret News Weekly, 17 Jan 1877, FHL Film 26595:
- Died, Fillmore, 03 Dec 1876, Patty TRUMAN, 83 years 4 months 12 days. [Obit]
- Truman.ged file from Paul E. Price, 19 May 1996.