Mary Catherine Olmstead (1848-1923)
|Mary Catherine Olmstead Robison|
|Born:||7 Aug 1948 Brunson, Michigan|
|Died:||6 Feb 1923 Richfield, Utah|
|Mother:||Sarah Ann Cummings|
Riley Clark Olmstead|
Martha Jane Olmstead
William Henry Olmstead
Eliza Adalaide Olmstead
David Ransona Olmstead
Mary Catherine Olmstead
Ada Evelyn Olmstead
Estelle Josephine Olmstead
|Spouse:||Alvin Locke Robison|
|Married:||21 Aug 1867|
Frank Alvin Robison|
Joseph Alvin Robison
Henry William Robison
Irwin Garfield Robison
Edward Ellis Robison
Stella Josephine Robison
The Richfield Reaper, Thursday, 8 Feb 1923, p. 4:
Mary Olmstead Robison Died Of Old
After a long and lingering illness, Mary Olmstead Robison passed peacefully away in her Richfield home on Tuesday afternoon at the age of 75 years, sadly mourned by her children and friends. Funeral services will be held at the home Thursday and the body will be taken to Fillmore to be laid at final rest. Bishop J. H. Hansen will officiate at the services.
Mary Olmstead Robison, a pioneer of Millard and Wayne counties and well known in Richfield where she resided last, was born August 7, 1848, in Brunson, Michigan. In 1874, after embracing the gospel, she came to Utah and resided in the state ever since. She was the mother of six children, a daughter, Mrs. Stella Robison Sandall of Richfield, and five sons, Frank of Richfield, John of Green River, Henry and Irwin of Loa and Ellis of Torrey. All the children were at her bedside when the beloved pioneer passed away.
The sympathy of the entire community goes out to the bereaved family.
Rogers, Sadie. East Millard Pioneers, Death Notices, As Published in the Progress 1913-1937, p. 62: The Millard County Progress, Friday, 16 Feb 1923:
Mrs. Mary C. Robison, widow of Alvin L. Robison of Richfield, died at her home in Richfield last week and her body was brought to Fillmore for interment. Her husband died a few months ago and his body was also brought to Fillmore, his old home town, for burial. Short services were held over her remains at the Alfred Robison home last Saturday morning, after which the burial service took place at the Fillmore Cemetery. Mrs. Robison is survived by five sons and one daughter who live in the northeastern part of Utah.
- Name variant: Mary I. [burial record, p. 393]
- Ranney, Lucretia Lyman. American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, p. 11.
- LDS Family Group Record Collection [Patron Section]
- Submitted by: Mr. George Linn Sandall
- Family of: Alvin Locke Robison & Mary Catherine Olmstead
- Nicolo, Margaret LaDean Sutton Sweeting. Sweeting Family Records Binder.
- Robison, Joleen Ashman. Almon Robison, Utah Pioneer, Man of Mystique and Tragedy, p . 91
- Birth variations: 17 Aug 1848 [death record]
- 1860 Federal Census, Michigan, Branch, Bethel, Enumerated 30 Jun 1860, p. 112, Dwelling #816, Family #816:
- Olmstead, Lyman [p. 113]
- Mary, 8, f, Canada
- 1880 Federal Census, Disk 35, Fillmore, Millard, Utah, Source: FHL Film 1255336, Page 467C:
- Alvin L. ROBISON
- Mary C. ROBISON Wife F M W 31 MI Occ: Keeping House Fa: MI Mo: CAN
- Burial: Lichfield, Beulah Menlove. Cemetery Records, Fillmore, Millard County, Utah, p. 58:
- Name: ROBISON, Mary Catherine
- Born: 17 Aug 1848 in Michigan
- Age at Death:
- Parents: Lyman Olmstead & Sarah Cummings
- Died: 6 Feb 1923 Cause:
- Buried: in Fillmore Block 92, Lot 1/2
- Reported by: Peter Christensen
- Comments: Widow. Last lived in Richfield, Utah. Was a house wife.
- Burial: Fillmore City Corporation, Cemetery Master List, by Deceased Name, 13 Jun 1994, p. 393:
- ROBISON, Mary I.
- BLK 92, Lot 1, Grave 7
- b. Michigan
- d. 2-16-1923 Richfield, Utah
- Comments: Age at death - 74 yrs 5 mo 19 days Grave laps over on to adjoining lot to west
- Current Owner: Robison, Howard A.
- Original Owner:
- Death variant: 16 Feb 1923 [burial record, p. 393]
- Obituary: Rogers, Sadie. East Millard Pioneers, Death Notices, As Published in the Progress 1913-1937, p. 62: The Millard County Progress, Friday, 16 Feb 1923: