Mary Clarissa Barney (1912-2002)
|Mary Clarissa "Clara" Barney Robison|
Fillmore City Cemetery
|Born:||31 Aug 1912 Kanosh, Utah|
|Died:||12 Jul 2002 Fillmore, Utah|
|Father:||Franklin Eugene Barney|
|Mother:||Mary Eleanor Rappleye|
Edna Lucille Barney
Donald Franklin Barney
Mary Clarissa Barney
Alma James Barney
Waldon Ammon Barney
Olive Sophia Barney
Ruth Ellen Barney
Frank Larsen Barney
|Spouse:||Loran Culbert Robison|
|Married:||9 May 1930 Manti, Utah|
Tonia May Robison|
Lois Eleanor Robison
Loran Alvin Robison
Nola Ann Robison
Patsy Clara Robison
Lewis Bernard Robison
Millard County Chronicle/Progress, vol. 92, July 25, 2002:
Fillmore: Mary Clarissa (Clara) Barney Robison, 89 passed away July 12, 2002 at the Fillmore Care Center.
She was born August 31, 1912 in Kanosh, Utah to Franklin Eugene and Mary Eleanore Rappleye Barney. Married Loran Culbert (Cub) Robison May 9, 1930 in the Manti LDS Temple.
The most important thing in her life after her husband was her family, her whole life was devoted to taking care of them. She loved the outdoors, flowers, birds, and little children and the little children loved her. She was the top scholar in High School and loved to read. After her husband died she loved to go to the Temple and participate in the local Daughters of the Utah Pioneers.
She was the last living member of her family. She was preceded in death by her husband Cub; brothers, Frank, Donald, and Walden; sisters, Laura Larsen; Edna Cooley; Olive Wells and Miriam Robison.
She is survived by her 7 children, Tonia May Adams of FIllmore, UT; Lois Eleanor Robison of Hurricane, UT; Myra Condie of Orem, UT; Nola Ann (Steve) Morgan of Sandy, UT; Patsy R. (Roy) Johnson of FIllmore, UT and Lewis B. (C. Christine) Robison of FIllmore, UT; 21 grandchildren and 21 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Monday July 15, 2002 at 1:00 p.m. in the Fillmore 1st Ward Chapel.
Services were conducted by Bishop Daniel Davies. Prelude and postlude music were performed by Sherry Shepard. The family prayer was offered by Greg Rasmussen. The opening hymn was "Sweet Is The Peace The Gospel Brings."
The invocation was given by Steve Morgan. Myra Condie gave some "Memories of Mother." Gail Robison and Donna Crapo sang "You Are A Wonderful Mother" accompanied by Debbie Jackson.
Remarks were given by Patsy Johnson. A musical number, a medley of Primary Songs, was sung by Sherry Butler and Family.
A congregational hymn "Improve The Shining Moments" was sung. Final remarks were given by Bishop Daniel Davies. The closing song was "God Be WIth You Till We Meet Again." The benediction was offered by Kelly Rasmussen.
The grave Dedication was offered by Roy Johnson.
Pallbearers were Nate Johnson, Dennis Adams, Jared Morgan, David Morgan, Kelly Rasmussen, Greg Rasmussen, Scott Butler, Tylo Robison, Dillan Robison, Jason Davies.
Honorary Pallbearers were Paul Robison, Kip Whiting, Greg Smith, John Harmon, John Adams, Dallas Griffith and Jason Robison.
Compassionate service was rendered by the Fillmore 1st Ward Relief Society.
Interment in the Fillmore City Cemetery under the direction of Olpin Mortuary.
- Nickname: Clara [History, p. 97; Barney obit; Robison email]
- Despain, Carrie Robison and Garner, Melba Despain. History & Genealogy of the Franklin Alonzo Robison Family, p. 97.
- LDS Family Group Record Collection [Patron Section]
- Submitted by: Myra Rasmussen
- Family of: Loran Culbert Robison & Mary Clarrisa Barney
- Deseret News Archives, Wednesday, February 26, 1997, Obituary: Barney, Donald Franklin
- Deseret News Archives, Wednesday, November 21, 2001, p. A13, Obituary: Frank Larsen Barney
- Email From: "micky robison" <[email protected]>
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: Family connections
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:50:34 +0000
- Dear Stephen;
- I am so impressed with all the work you do. I see your name every where. I have a little more update for you.
- We just buried Lewis's mother yesterday. I thought that you might want to have that information.
- Mary Clarissa (Clara) Barney Robison
- B. Aug 31, 1912 Kanosh, UT
- D. Jul 12, 2002 Fillmore, UT
- Parents: Franklin Eugene & Mary Eleanore Rappleye Barney
- Married: Loran Culbert (Cub) Robison May 9, 1930 in the Manti LSD Temple
- Children: Tonia May, Lois Eleanor, Myra, Loran Alvin, Nola Ann, Patsy R. and Lewis B.
- She was buried in the Fillmore, Cemetery ...
- Millard County Chronicle/Progress, vol. 92, no. 6, 15 Aug 2002, Obituary: Adams, Tonia May Robison