Nellie E. Hinckley (1870-1962)
|Nellie E. Hinckley Robison|
|Born:||31 Oct 1870 Cove Fort, Utah|
|Died:||12 Mar 1962 Logandale, Nevada|
|Father:||Ira Nathaniel Hinckley|
|Mother:||Adelaide Cameron Noble|
Martha Adelaide Hinckley|
Minerva Angeline Hinckley
Lois Electa Hinckley
Luna Adell Hinckley
Lucian Noble Hinckley
Frank Noble Hinckley
Edwin Smith Hinckley
Nellie E. Hinckley
Samuel Ernest Hinckley
Irene Claire Noble Hinckley
Sarah Emily Hinckley
|Spouse:||Joseph Hancock Robison|
|Married:||17 Dec 1890 Manti, Utah|
Joseph Benjamin Robison|
Ira Lucian Robison
David Nephi Robison
Dell Hinckley Robison
When she was about five years old, there was some unrest with the Indians in the area. Whatever the cause, everyone in the area was at Cove Fort, because they thought that an attack was imminent.
Everyone that is, but little Nellie.
Everyone was frantically searching for her when they saw a group of peaceful looking Indians coming toward the fort. My grandma was being carried by the local chief in his arms.
It turned out that she had walked with her crutch, down to the Indian camp to play with the children there and had been singing songs to the chief. It had softened his heart, and he no longer wanted to make trouble with the settlers.
- Birth variant: 21 Oct 1870 [Walsh FGR]
- 1880 Federal Census, Fillmore, Millard, Utah, Page 464B:
- HINCKLEY, Ira, Head
- Nellie, Daughter, Female, Single, W, 9, UT, CAN, MI
- Marriage: Western States Marriage Record Index:
- ID Number: 210280
- Groom: Joseph H. Robison
- Bride: Nellie E. Hinckley
- Married: 17 Dec 1890, Manti
- County of Record: Millard, Utah
- Volume/Page: v. 1, p. 185
- FamilySearch IGI, record of a deceased member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:
- Nellie HINCKLEY
- Born: 31 Oct 1870 Cove Fort, Millard, Utah
- Died: 12 Mar 1962
- Father: Ira Nathaniel Hinckley
- Mother: Adelaide C. Noble
- Ranney, Lucretia Lyman. American Ancestry of Joseph Robison and his wife Lucretia Hancock, p. 10.
- Black, Susan W. E. Early LDS Membership Data (Infobases, 1995).
- Ancestral File
- LDS Family Group Record Collection [Patron Section]
- Submitted by: Charles Harvey Walsh
- Family of: Joseph Hancock Robison & Nellie Hinckley
- Hughes, Karen May Moorehouse. Descendants of Joseph Robison and Lucretia Hancock, p. 3.