Paula Welchman (1962-2016)
|Paula Welchman O'Brien|
|Born:||29 May 1962 Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Died:||15 Feb 2016 Plainfield, Massachusetts|
|Father:||Arnell Hodge Welchman|
David Samuel Welchman
Arnell B. Welchman
Eva Dean Welchman
Douglas Evan Welchman
Daily Hampshire Gazette, Thursday, February 18, 2016:
PLAINFIELD - Paula Welchman-O'Brien, 53, of Plainfield, passed away early Monday, Feb. 15, 2016, after a long term illness.
Beloved wife of Peter O'Brien, Paula was an adoring mother of Michael (Ann) Dittrich, Kristen Casella and Ashley O'Brien and grandmother of Blake and Dakota Casella.
Paula was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and was the daughter of Eva Welchman (nee Black) and Arnell Welchman, and step-daughter of Gene Graf. She is survived by a very large and loving family, spread across the United States.
Always a hard working, self driven woman, Paula was creator and owner of Target Zone Studio health club, prior to earning her education degree as an Ada Comstock Scholar at Smith College at the age of 43.
Paula was a lifelong learner and beloved elementary school teacher at Jackson Street School in Northampton, for over a decade. She received the Harold Grinspoon award for excellence in education and dedicated her career and spare time to the education and enrichment of children of all ages.
A renaissance woman in many ways, everything Paula touched flourished under her creative eye, especially her garden and home.
A memorial remembrance will be held in her honor Saturday, Feb. 27, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Jackson Street School in Northampton. In her true spirit, this will be a potluck celebration to unify her community.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Jackson Street School PTO, 120 Jackson St., Northampton, MA 01060. Fittingly, the donations will be used to help fund the Jackson Street School library renovation, as Paula was a voracious reader and literacy advocate.
To sign a Guest Book, express condolences, share memories and read other obituaries, go to www.gazettenet.com/obituaries.
- LDS Family Group Record Collection [Patron Section]
- Submitted by: Arnell H. Welchman
- Family of: Arnell H. Welchman & Eva Black
- The Salt Lake Tribune, Wednesday, September 8, 1971, Obituary: Welchman, Arnell Hodge
- United States Public Records, 1970-2009, database:
- Name: Paulla Welchman
- Also Known As: Paula Welchman-Obrien
- 2nd Also Known As Name: Paula Welchmanobrien
- 3rd Also Known As Name: Paula W Obrien
- Residence Date: 01 Aug 2000
- Residence Place: Plainfield, Massachusetts, United States
- Birth Date: 29 May 1962
- Address: Plainfield, Massachusetts 01070
- Address Date: 01 Aug 2000
- 2nd Address: Plainfield, Massachusetts 01070
- 2nd Address Date: 01 Feb 1996
- 3rd Address: Goshen, Massachusetts 01032
- 3rd Address Date: 01 Sep 1994
- Possible Relatives: Paula Welchman
- Record Number: 258464652
- Hamilton Funeral Home, May 2008, Obituary: Welchman, Sarah
- The Berkshire Eagle, Tuesday, March 24, 2009, page B4, Obituary: Graf, Eva Black Welchman