Rebecca Jane House (1848-1933)
|Rebecca Jane House Warwick Tibideau|
Rebecca and Ethel May
|Born:||22 May 1848 Dereham, Oxford, Ontario, Canada|
|Died:||12 Jan 1933 Brown City, Michigan|
|Father:||James J. House|
Chauncey F. Howse
Rebecca Jane House
|Spouse:||James Allen Warwick|
|Married:||bef 1866 of Buel, Michigan|
Tryphena Nancy Warwick|
Sarah Jane Warwick
Ada M. Warwick
Mary A. Warwick
Bertha May Warwick
Ethel May Warwick
|Married:||18 Jun 1895 Buell Twp., Michigan|
She moved to Michigan in 1862.
She married James Allen Warwick.
She married next Joseph Tibideau on June 18, 1895 in Buell Twp., Sanilac, Michigan.
Rebecca died January 12, 1933 in Brown City, Michigan, She is buried in the Croswell Cemetery.
(from an unnamed, undated newspaper clipping):,
Mrs. Rebecca J. Thibedeau, 85, died last Thursday at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Norman Cronce at Brown City. She had been with her daughter since leaving Croswell, about ten years ago. Her husband, Joseph Thibedeau predeceased her about eighteen years ago. She is survived by four daughters, Mrs. Cronce, Brown City; Mrs. Pene Dafoe, Oregon, Mrs. John Hudie, Amadore, and Mrs. William Woods, Detroit. Elmer Thibedeau of the River Road is a step-son of the deceased. Funeral services were held in the Cronce home Saturday with Rev. H. H. Heerschap of Croswell Presbyterian church officiating. Interment was made in the Croswell cemetery.
- 1851 Canada West Census, Twp. of Dereham, County of Oxford
- House, Jas
- , House, Rebecca, ----, b. Canada W., New Co Methodist, 4, female, single
- 1870 Federal Census, Bingham Town, Huron, Michigan, 10 July 1870, 78/76:
- Warwick, James, 29, male, white, Farmer, 300/0, Michigan
- , Rebecca, 22, female, white, keeping house, Ontario
- , Triphena, 3, female, white, Michigan
- , Sarah, 8/12, female, white, Michigan
- 1880 Federal Census Soundex: Buel Tp, Sanilac, Michigan:
- Warwick, James A.
- , Rebecca J., wife, 32, b. Canada
- Marriage: Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925
- Groom's Name: Joseph Thibods
- Groom's Age: 52 years
- Groom's Birth Date: 1843
- Groom's Birthplace: Canada
- Bride's Name: Rebecca Jane Warwick
- Bride's Age: 47 years
- Bride's Birth Date: 1848
- Bride's Birthplace: Canada
- Marriage Date: 18 Jun 1895
- Marriage Place: Buel, Sanilac, Michigan
- Groom's Father: John Thibods
- Groom's Mother: Margaret Fountain
- Bride's Father: Not Known
- Bride's Mother: Not Known
- Film Number: 2342502
- Digital Folder Number: 4207882
- Image Number: 181
- Reference Number: v 4 p 131 rn 75
- 1900 Federal Census, Buel Twp., Sanilac, Michigan
- Thibedeau, Joseph
- , Rebecca, wife, female, white, b. May 1848, md 5 yrs, 6 kids 5 alive, imm 1860, Can eng, NY, Can eng
- Warwick, Mary, stepdaughter, female, white, b. Aug 1875, MI, MI, Can eng
- Portrait and Biographical Album of Sanilac County, 1884, p. 313:
Finley House...is the son of James J. and Triphena (Malcolm) House...
The family included eight sons and four daughters, as follows: Daniel, Joseph (died from the results of hardship in the army); Peter (died while in the army); Lemuel; Jeremiah (died in the army); Chauncey, John (died at the age of six years); Maria (deceased); Nancy, Rebecca, and Almira (deceased)...The family came to Sanilac County, Feb. 1, 1862 where Mr. House located 160 acres of land in Buel Township.
- Howse, Joanne Marie Heinz. Howse Best-Mar26,2005.paf file
- Additional info from Lynn House, not related but on internet.
- Also from Barb Naruta of Port Huron. firstname.lastname@example.org