Waunetta J. Hartung (1915-1994)
|Waunetta J. Hartung Booth|
Class of 1932
|Born:||4 Apr 1915 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
|Died:||21 Apr 1994 Holt, Michigan|
|Father:||George Balsfor Hartung|
|Mother:||Ida Marie Robinson|
Doris Merna Hartung|
Waunetta J. Hartung
Helen May Hartung
Alice Lela Hartung
Mavis Muriel Hartung
|Spouse:||Maxwell Clare Booth|
|Married:||17 May 1937 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Children:||Mary E. Booth|
Petoskey News-Review, Saturday, April 23, 1994
Waunetta "Winnie" J. Booth, 79, of Harbor Springs, died at her daughters home in Holt.
Funeral will be 2 p.m. Monday, April 25, at the Schiller Funeral Chapel of Harbor Springs. Hospice chaplain Catherine Perino will officiate. Interment will be in the Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs.
She was born April 4, 1915, in Harbor Springs, the daughter of George B. and Ida (Robinson) Hartung. She attended Harbor Springs schools and graduated from Harbor Springs High School in 1932.
On May 17, 1937, she married Maxwell C. Booth in Petoskey. He preceded her in death in 1984.
Mrs. Booth worked for many years at the Ed Behan Tweed Shop in Petoskey. She also worked as a home health care provider in Petoskey, Grand Rapids and Lansing.
Survivors include one daughter, Mary E. Booth, and her fiancee, Terry L. Reed, of Holt; four sisters, Doris Swiss, Mrs. Joseph (Alice) Bodzick, Helen Coveyou and Mavis Slifka, all of Harbor Springs; and several nieces and nephews and cousins.
The family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Visiting Nurse Hospice of Holt. Envelopes for memorial contributions will be available at the Schiller Funeral Chapel of Harbor Springs, where friends may call from 6-9 p.m. Sunday, April 24.
- Birth: Emmet County, Michigan, Birth Record:
- Number: 443
- Name: Hartung, Wanneta J.
- Date of Birth: Apr. 4, 1915
- Date of Record: May 19, 1916
- Color/Sex/Legitimacy: W, F, Leg.
- Birthplace: Harbor Springs
- Residence of Parents: Harbor Springs
- Father: George B. Hartung
- Birth place: Michigan
- Occupation: Carpenter
- Mother: Ida May Robinson
- Birth Place: Michigan
- Photo: The Harborais, 1932, Harbor Springs High School, page 25:
- WAUNETTA HARTUNG--Vice President
- "The world is sane enough. It's just the people who are silly."
- Commercial Course; Vice-President Senior Class; Latin Club 1-2; G. A. A. 1; Glee Club 1-2.
- (originally Cindy Grant's yearbook)
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- BOOTH, Maxwell C. & HARTUNG, Waunetta J.
- Date of Marriage: 5/17/1937
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 25
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Booth, Waunetta “Winnie” J. (Hartung)
- Age: 79
- Born: 4/4/1915
- Died: 4/21/1994
- Burial: 4/21/1994
- Cemetery: Lakeview, Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on File