Elizabeth Melching (1874-1938)
|Elizabeth Melching Cole|
|Born:||19 Oct 1874 Steubenville, Ohio|
|Died:||29 Oct 1938 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||August Frank Melching|
|Mother:||Augusta Phenora Melching|
Augusta Christina Melching|
Henry William Melching
Emma Wilhelmine Melching
August Carl Melching
Lena F. Melching
Lillian Helen Melching
Elsie Susan Melching
Julia Anna Melching
Matilda Catherine Melching
|Spouse:||Andrew Jackson Cole|
|Married:||30 Oct 1901 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
Arnold E. Cole|
Isabel M. Cole
Elizabeth R. Cole
Elizabeth married Andrew Jackson Cole on October 30, 1901 at Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan.
Elizabeth died October 29, 1938 in Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan. She is buried in the Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan.
Petoskey Evening News, Monday, October 31, 1938:
DIES AFTER ILLNESS;
FUNERAL ON TUESDAY
Mrs. Andrew J. Cole, of Bluff Drive passed away at Lockwood Hospital; October 29, following an illness of two months duration.
Funeral rites will be held from the home on Tuesday afternoon at 2:30 0'clock with Rev. Arthur Cruickshank in charge of the services. Interment will be made in Lake View Cemetery.
Mrs. Cole was the daugher of the late August Melching and of Augusta Melching and was born at Steubenville, O., on October 19, 1874; coming to Harbor Springs with her parents when she was four years old.
Mrs. Cole was a member of the Presbyterian church, Aid and Missionary society, a charter member of the Little Traverse Rebekah Lodge No 316 and had been awarded a degree of chivalry. She was a Past Matron of the Order of Eastern Star and had held offices in this chapter for many years. She was a very active worker in both church and lodge circles.
She is survived by her husband, one daughter, Mrs. Raymond Simpson, (Elizabeth), of Vassar; her mother, Mrs. Augusta Melching, of Harbor Springs; two brother, August Melching of Gobles and Henry Melching of this city; six sisters, Mrs. Augusta Hitchings and Mrs. Frank Moore, (Lillie), of Detroit; Mrs. Jesse C. Hill, (Lena), Mrs. Louis Stewart (Elsie), Mrs. Albert E. Wells (Julia), Mrs. Maurice Powers (Matilda), all of Harbor Springs.One grandson, Richard Lee Simpson, also survive. A son Arnold and a daughter Isabelle passed away in Infancy.
The remains are at the home where friends may call.
- Birth: Melching Family Bible, copy given to Arnold L. Howse
- 1880 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp, Emmet, Michigan
- Melching, Augustin F.
- , Lizzie, daughter, single, female, white, 6, OH, At School, Hanover, Hanover
- 1900 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan
- Melching, August
- , Lizzie, daughter, white, female, Oct 1874, 25, single, OH, Ger, Ger, Domestic, 6
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- COLE, Andrew J. & MELCHING, Lizzie
- Date: 10/30/1901
- Liber: 3
- Folio: 47
- 1910 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan, 59
- Cole, Andrew, head, 32, married1, MI, US, US, Carpenter
- , Lizzie, wife, 34, married1, 2 kids, 1 alive, OH, Ger, Ger
- , Elizabeth, daughter, 1, single, MI, MI, OH
- 1930 Federal Census, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Cole, AndrewJ.
- , Elizabeth, wife, female, white, 55, married, 26, OH, Ger, Ger
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search Deaths:
- COLE, Elizabeth
- Date: 10/29/1938
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 173
- Place of Death: Petoskey, Michigan
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery Index, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan:
- Cole, Elizabeth
- Died: Nov 1, 1938
- Sec: G
- Lot: 21