Elsie Susan Melching (1883-1965)
|Elsie Susan Melching Stewart|
|Born:||27 Apr 1883 Harbor Point, Michigan|
|Died:||2 Aug 1965 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||August Frank Melching|
|Mother:||Augusta Phenora Melching|
Augusta Christina Melching|
Henry William Melching
Emma Wilhelmine Melching
August Carl Melching
Lena F. Melching
Lillian Helen Melching
Elsie Susan Melching
Julia Anna Melching
Matilda Catherine Melching
|Spouse:||Louis William Stewart|
|Married:||20 May 1908 Harbor Springs, Michigan|
Lorraine H. Stewart
Louis Stewart Jr.
Elsie Susan Melching was born on the 27th of April, 1883 in Harbor Point, Emmet, Michigan.
Elsie married Louis William Stewart on the 20th of May 1908 in Harbor Springs, Michigan.
Elsie died on 2 August 1965 at Petoskey, Emmet, Michigan. She is buried at the Lakeview Cemetery, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan.
Petoskey News-Review, Tuesday, August 3, 1965:
Services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at the Erwin Funeral Parlors for Mrs. Louis (Elsie) Stewart, 82 of 369 W. Third St., Harbor Springs, who died Monday afternoon at the Petoskey Geriatrics and Care Center where she had been a patient seven months. The Rev. Donald Drew will officiate and interment will be in Lakeview cemetery.
She was born at Harbor Point on April 27, 1883 and was a life-long Harbor Springs resident. She was married to Mr. Stewart there on May 20, 1908. He preceded her in death on March 1, 1939.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church and Past Noble Grand of Little Traverse Hebekah Lodge.
Survivors include three daughters, Miss Loraine Stewart of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Mrs. William (Genevieve) Buckstiegel of Petoskey and Mrs. Robert (Jean) Davenport, Jr. of Harbor Springs; two sisters, Mrs. Ned (Julia) Wells and Mrs. Maurice (Tillie) Powers, both of Harbor Springs.
The body is at the Erwin Funeral Parlors, where friends may call from 7:30 - 9 p.m.
- 1900 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan
- Melching, August
- , Elsie, daughter, white, female, Apr 1883,17, single, MI, Ger, Ger, at school, 9
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- STUART, Louis & MELCHING, Eloise
- Date: 5/20/1908
- Liber: 4
- Folio: 214
- 1910 Federal Census, Little Traverse Twp., Emmet, Michigan, 184
- Stewart, Louis, head, 26, married1, MI, Unknown, Unknown, Carpenter
- , Elsie, wife, 27, married1, MI, Ger, Ger
- , Genevieve, daughter, 6/12, single, MI, MI, MI
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search Deaths:
- STEWART, Elsie Susan
- Date: 8/2/1965
- Liber: 1965
- Folio: 175
- Place of Death: Petoskey, Michigan
- Burial: Lakeview Cemetery Records, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Stewart, Louis Elsie
- Died: Aug 2, 1965
- Sec B Lot-23
- Source: Copy of Melching Family Bible given to Arnold Howse