Emma Smith Ashby (1843-1877)
|Emma Smith Ashby|
|Born:||14 Mar 1843 Salem, Massachusetts|
|Died:||25 May 1877 St. George, Utah|
Robert Reed Ashby|
Susan Ann Ashby
Elizabeth Rebecca Ashby
Martha Ellen Ashby
Harriet Maria Ashby
Richard H. Ashby
William Hardin Ashby
Mary Jane Ashby
Emma Smith Ashby
John Jefford Ashby
|Spouse:||Benjamin Joseph Stringham|
|Married:||26 Oct 1861 Salt Lake City, Utah|
The Deseret News, Vol. XXVI, No. 18, Wednesday, 6 Jun 1877:
At St. George, Washington County, May 25, 1877, Emma Smith Ashby, wife of Benjamin Joseph Stringham and daughter of Nathaniel and Susan Ann Ashby.
Deceased was born in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts, March 14, 1841. She leaves a husband, two children, and a numerous family of relatives and scores of friends to mourn her loss. She was a true Latter-day Saint, and was beloved by all who knew her.
- 1850 Federal Census, Deseret, Great Salt Lake County Page #160, Dwelling #569, Family # 569:
- Ashby, Susan
- , Emma, 7, female, Mass
- Death variant: 15 May 1877 [Infobases]
- Black, Susan W. E. Early LDS Membership Data (Infobases, 1995).
- Day, Stella H., ed. Builders of Early Millard, pp. 699-700.
- Ashby, Robert L. Holden, Utah Early History, pp. 74, 139.