Angeline D. McCoy (1852-1934)
|Angeline D. McCoy Stevens|
|Born:||24 Oct 1852 Ohio|
|Died:||Jan 1934 Muskegon, Michigan|
|Mother:||Rachel M. White|
Angeline D. McCoy|
Joseph H. M. McCoy
Mary Lovina McCoy
|Spouse:||Orlando Perry Stevens|
Joseph Asa Stevens|
Ellie S. Stevens
Orlando Perry Stevens
Winnie Pearl Stevens
Benjamin D. Stevens
The Muskegon Chronicle, January 4, 1934
Mrs. Angeline Stevens, 81 years old, died at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Warner Rowe, 517 McLaren Street Wednesday evening.
She was born in Ohio October 24, 1852 coming to Michigan with her parents when 11 years of age settling in Leelanau County.
She was married to Orlando Perry Stevens in 1868 coming to Muskegon 17 years ago where she had lived ever since. Mr. Stevens died about seven years ago.
She was a member of the Methodist Church.
She leaves two daughters Mrs. Etta Brown, Traverse City, Mrs. Minnie Howell, of Muskegon and one son O. P. Stevens of Kaleva; seven grandchildren; 17 great grandchildren.
- 1860 Federal Census, Nebraska Territory, Cass County, Post Office: Rock Bluff:
- McCoy, Elias, born: Ohio, Age 31
- , Rachael, born: born Ohio, Age 27
- , Angeline D., b. Ohio/1852
- , Joseph H., b. Ohio/1856
- , S., female b. Iowa/1857
- 1910 Federal Census, Traverse Ward 3, Grand Traverse, Michigan
- Stevens, Orlando
- , Angeline, wife, white, female, 57, married, OH, OH, OH
- Michelle A. Burke robandmitzi @ tc3net.com
- Based on the ages of Elias' children; Saline, Louisa and William, per the 1870 census, it would appear that Angeline's estimation (her obit) of coming to Michigan with her parents was correct! Salina McCoy was born circa 1863 in Nebraska, and then the next child was Louisa McCoy and she was born circa 1866 in Michigan, William H. McCoy was born circa 1868 in Michigan. So Elias' and Rachael McCoy went to Michigan from Nebraska between 1863-1866...making Angeline about 11 years of age when that removal occurred. In reading her obit, however, one would think they departed directly for Michigan from Ohio. But the census records say otherwise. From Ohio, to Nebraska, via Iowa, then Michigan, then Kansas. In 1870, I found both Orlando P. Stevens and Angeline, his wife in the census records also in Center, Marion County, KS. They did name a son Joseph Asa Stevens, and a daughter: Rachel "Winnie" Stevens wife of 1st: Norman Barnes, 2nd; Arthur P. Howell, other children of Angeline/Orlando were: Orlando Perry Stevens Jr., Etta S. Stevens, wife of George Brown.
- Might anyone have any knowledge of Angeline and her husband and/or about their family? I am a descendent of Orlando's father's sister.
- Orlando's father was Asa C. Stevens. Asa's sister was Sarah Stevens Reynolds, Sarah Stevens Reynolds is my 3rd Great Grandmother!
- Asa removed from Sanilac County, MI for Leelanau County, MI.....hence this is where and why Angeline McCoy met and married Orlando Perry Stevens in 1868.
- Any other information on Elias and his family, re: Angeline would be appreciated!