Arthur Bernard Schlosser (1894-1968)
|Arthur Bernard Schlosser|
|Born:||6 Jun 1894 Center Twp., Emmet, Michigan|
|Died:||8 Apr 1968 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||Edwin Bernard Schlosser|
|Mother:||Matilda B. Lark|
Arthur Bernard Schlosser
Edward William Schlosser
Carl Valentine Schlosser
Ida M. Schlosser
Alfred M. Schlosser
|Spouse:||Kathryn Marie Parker|
|Married:||4 Nov 1914 Charlevoix, Michigan|
Ireta M. Schlosser|
Opal Matilda Schlosser
Genevieve Cecil Schlosser
Gerald E. Schlosser
Milford Arthur Schlosser
Lucille Lavina Schlosser
Petoskey News-Review, Tuesday, 9 Apr 1968:
Arthur B. Schlosser, 73, died yesterday at Little Traverse Hospital where he had bee a patient for a day.
Services will be conducted at 10 a.m. Thursday at Holy Cross Church, in Cross Village. Rev. Father Flavius Czuba, O.F.M. will officiate and burial will be in Readmond Township Cemetery.
He was born June 6, 1894 in Center township.
On November 14, 1914, he married the former Kathryn Parker, in Harbor Springs and she preceeded him in death.
Mr. Schlosser was a farmer in Readmond township and for the last 15 years has been employed by Carriage Tours, Inc., at Mackinac Island.
He is survived by two sons, Gerald, of Great Falls, Montana and T/Sgt. Merlin, with the U.S. Air Force in Japan; five daughters, Mrs. Pat (Opal) Kerridge, Mrs. Lawrence (Florabelle) Kruzel and Mrs. Adam (Lucille) Kruzel, all of Readmond township, Mrs. Bradford (Jean) Corey, of Allen Park and Mrs. Iretta MacInnis, of Detroit; 24 grandchildren; a brother, Alfred, of Petoskey and three sisters, Lucille Vosier, of Detroit, Mrs. Ralph (Clara) Dickinson, of Flint and Mrs. Harold (Ida) Davis, of Mt. Clements.
The body will be taken to the home of Lawrence Kruzel, in Readmond township this evening and the rosary will be recited there at 8:15 p.m. Wednesday evening.
Mr. Schlosser was a member of Holy Cross Church.
- 1910 Federal Census, Center Township, Emmet, Michigan, 12 May 1910
- Schlossler, Edwin
- , Arthur, son, male, white, 15, single, Michigan, Illinois, Canada
- Marriage: Michigan, Marriages, 1868-1925
- Name: Arthur Schlosser
- Age: 21 years
- Birth Year: 1893
- Birthplace: Centre Twp
- Spouse's Name: Kathyrn Parker
- Spouse's Age: 19 years
- Spouse's Birth Year: 1895
- Spouse's Birthplace: Petoskey
- Event Date: 14 Nov 1914
- Event Place: Charlevoix, Charlevoix, Michigan
- Father's Name: Edward Schlosser
- Mother's Name: Matilda Lark
- Spouse's Father's Name: Henry Parker
- Spouse's Mother's Name: Pennie Fortin
- GS Film number: 2342705
- Digital Folder Number: 4209253
- Image Number: 87
- Reference ID: v 1 p 25 rn 126
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- SCHLOSSER, Arthur Bernard
- Date of Death: 4/8/1968
- Liber: 1968
- Folio: P58
- Place of Death: PETOSKEY, MI
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Schlosser, Arthur B.
- Age: 73
- Born: 6/6/1894
- Died: 4/8/1968
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: Readmond Twp., Harbor Springs
- Obituary: on file PNR 04/09/1968
- Petoskey News-Review, Jan 2000, Obituary: Kerridge, Opal M. Schlosser