Patricia Ellen Price (1925-2012)
|Patricia Ellen Price Duvernay|
|Born:||8 Sep 1925 Miami, Florida|
|Died:||27 Dec 2012 Petoskey, Michigan|
|Father:||Donald Arthur Price|
|Mother:||Dorothy Andrus Crane|
Donna Joanne Price|
Patricia Ellen Price
James Douglas Price
Dorothy Elaine Price
|Spouse:||John Elmer Duvernay Jr.|
|Married:||19 May 1945 Petoskey, Michigan|
John Arthur Duvernay|
Lee Ann Duvernay
Wendy Alain Duvernay
Thomas Allan Duvernay
Petoskey News-Review, December 27, 2012
Patricia Ellen Duvernay, 87, of Little Traverse Township, died Dec. 27, 2012, at McLaren Northern Michigan hospital. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced by Stone Funeral Home Inc. of Petoskey.
(September 8, 1925 - December 27, 2012)
Patricia Ellen Duvernay, 87 of Little Traverse Township, died December 27, 2012 at the McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey.
Patricia was born on September 8, 1925 in Miami, FL, the daughter of Donald and Dorothy (Crane) Price. At a young age, her family moved to Harbor Springs and in 1943 moved to Petoskey, where Patricia graduated from High School in 1944.
She played in the Harbor Springs Marching Band and was involved in various musical productions. While working on the Petoskey High School production of HMS Pinafore, Patricia met John Duvernay and they were married on May 19, 1945 in Petoskey.
She went to work for Michigan Bell Telephone Company and in 1977, retired after a career spanning 35 years. She was a Life Member of the Telephone Pioneers of America and CWA Local 4106.Her love for music and theater continued for the rest of her life. She sang in the church choir for over 60 years, and was a member of the Little Traverse Civic Theater for 30 years. Patricia was an early member of the Northern Michigan Chorale and played the trombone in the Harbor Springs Community Band until just a few years ago.
She loved gardening and was a lifelong Detroit Tigers fan.
Patricia is survived by her husband, John; daughters, Lee (Doug) Graham of Petoskey and Wendy (Patrick) Morris of Harbor Springs; son, Thomas (Moon) Duvernay of South Korea; brother, Jim Price of California; sister, Dorothy Dennis of Petoskey; grandchildren, Aaron (Laurie) Duvernay of Lowell, MI, Rachel Planck and Abbey Graham of Petoskey, Ian Morris of Harbor Springs, Maari (Steve) Tally of Grand Rapids, and Nick Duvernay of South Korea; and by great grandchildren, Emma and Hannah Duvernay of Lowell, MI and Veronica and Sadie Planck of Petoskey.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her sister Donna Heinz, and her son John Arthur.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials be made to The First Presbyterian Church of Petoskey Memorial Fund, The Manna Food Project, or The Friendship Center.
A memorial service will be held early summer and will be announced by the Stone Funeral Home of Petoskey.
- Personal knowledge of Dorothy Andrus Crane Price.
- Personal knowledge of John Elmer and Patricia Duvernay, 24 April 1989
- 1930 Federal Census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California Ward 10, enumerated 3 April 1930, Sunset, La Vita Terrace #1513, Dwelling #73, Family #87:
- Price, Donald
- , Patricia, daughter, female, white, 4, single, FL, OH, NY
- 1940 Federal Census, Harbor Springs, Emmet, Michigan
- Price, Donald A.
- , Patricia E., daughter, female, white, 14, single, FL
- Marriage: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Marriages:
- Duvernay, John E., JR. & Price, Patricia E.
- Date of Marriage: 5/19/1945
- Liber: 5
- Folio: 76
- Death: Emmet County, Michigan, Vital Records Search, Deaths:
- Duvernay, Patricia Ellen
- Date of Death: 12/27/2012
- Liber: 2012
- Folio: 512
- Place of Death: Petoskey, Michigan
- Burial: Greenwood Cemetery Index, Petoskey, Michigan:
- Duvernay, Patricia Ellen (Price)
- Age: 87
- Born: 9/8/1925
- Died: 12/27/2012
- Burial: 0/0/0000
- Cemetery: unknown
- Obituary: on file