Alonzo Marion Boothe (1911-1976)
|Alonzo Marion Boothe|
Uncle Lonny and Ferdinand
|Born:||8 Nov 1911 Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Died:||17 Jan 1976 Scottsdale, Arizona|
|Father:||James William Boothe|
|Mother:||Anna Louise Rippel|
Dorothy Fern Kelly
Paul James Boothe
Alonzo Marion Boothe
|Spouse:||Elizabeth Helen Crane|
|Married:||5 Nov 1938 Cincinnati, Ohio|
He also had two half-sisters: Dorothy Fern Kelly Mastin and Pearl Boothe Sams.
After their father died their mother took him and his brothers to live at Union Bethel where the boys were put under guardianship of Dr. and Mrs. Ray G. (Ruby) DeVoist who were the Physician and Social Worker at Cincinnati Union Bethel Settlement House.
Lonnie attended a camp for boys and girls called Kroger Hills which "Mom" Kennedy ran. Lonny became a camp counselor over Physical Fitness activities. Lonny was very active in sports especially swimming and horsemanship and later in Bowling.
Lonnie worked for the Cincinnati Gas and Electric Company where he met Elizabeth Helen Crane who also worked there.
Betty and Lonnie married November 5, 1938 in Cincinnati, Ohio at the Church of the Covenant at 8th and Elm Streets by Rev. Elder.
After their marriage they moved into a nice apartment at 384 Probasco St. Apt 6A in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Several years later they bought a home at 1358 Grace Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio on July 6, 1953. They worked to fix the place up. Betty said there was too much snow so they sold it July 29, 1958, only four months after the renovation was completed.
Lonnie took a position in Scottsdale, Arizona on August 1, 1958. They began building a small ranch-style home at 6902 E. Granada Drive in October 1958. They moved into their new home in December 1958. In the summer of 1960 they added a swimming pool in their back yard.
They were a busy couple and Lonnie enjoyed working, golfing, leading Boy Scout groups, playing softball, tennis, and most especially having fun with their dogs.
Alonzo passed away suddenly on January 17, 1976 in Scottsdale, Arizona where Betty had him cremated.
- 1920 Federal Census, Ward 12, Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, Name of Institution: German Protestant Orphan Asylum:
- Booth, Paul, ward, male, white, 12, single, Ohio
- , Alonzo, ward, male, white, 8, single, Ohio
- , George, ward, male, white, 5, single, Ohio
- Marriage: Boothe Family Album:
- Mr. & Mrs. A. M. Boothe
- married at the Church of the Covenant
- 8th and Elm Sts.
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- By Rev. Elder
- Nov. 5th, 1938
- Gladys Faith Crane Houser's Marriage Book in possession of Donna Heinz in April 1990.
- Death: Social Security Death Index:
- Boothe, Alonzo
- Birth Date: 8 Nov 1911
- Death Date: Jan 1976
- Social Security Number: 268-03-6530
- State Where Number Was Issued: Ohio
- Notes From Joanne Marie Heinz Howse's PAF for Elizabeth Helen Crane Boothe
- Photo Courtesy Elizabeth Helen Crane Boothe