Evelyn Peterson (1886-1907)
|Born:||23 Apr 1886 Fillmore, Utah|
|Died:||20 Jul 1907 Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Mother:||Cordelia Amelia Warner|
Gertrude Amelia Peterson|
Ova Leon Peterson
Mary Amanda Peterson
Dorus Ernest Peterson
Edna Christina Peterson
Delilah Adel Peterson
Marvin Wilbur Peterson
Spencer Wells Peterson
Thelma Neoma Peterson
|Spouse:||Alonzo Franklin Robison|
|Married:||8 Jun 1932 Salt Lake City, Utah|
The Progress - Review, Friday, July 26, 1907, page 1:
Miss Evelyn Peterson, one of Fillmore's beautiful and talented young ladies died last Saturday at the Holy Cross Hospital, Salt Lake City. Her remains were brought home and interred in the Fillmore cemetery last Tuesday. The funeral services were held in the Central School House. The speakers were Rufus Day, John Cooper and J. Alex Melville.
She is not dead, your Evelyn.
- 'Tis but the mortal clay
That slumbers in the silent tomb
- So gently laid away.
She is not lost, all things remain
- Above or in the deep.
The brightest rays the sun give forth
- Fast in the carbon's sleep.
Not dead are they who pass away
- Be we who slumber here
Are content that what we cannot see
- Belongs to some other sphere.
Not lost the waters of the lake,
- In vapors rising high
Though passed from view they'll yet return
- To quench the parched and dry.
She is not dead, 'tis only rest
- The sweetest songs we keep
Along with music of the choir
- Not dead, but locked in sleep.
Not lost, the metal into smoke,
- Out from the furnace rolled.
The great alchemist brings it back
- The purest solid gold.
There is no death but unto life
- In God's almighty phone.
You'll hear the words of Evelyn
- And know as you are known.
- --J. M. Paxton
- Birth: From death information.
- Death, Burial: Lichfield, Beulah Menlove. Cemetery Records, Fillmore, Millard County, Utah, p. 51:
- Name: PETERSON, Evelyn
- Born: 23 Apr 1886 in Fillmore, Utah
- Age at Death:
- Parents: Ova Peterson & Amelia Warner
- Died: 20 Jul 1907
- Buried: Block 71, Lot 2
- Reported by: Ova Peterson
- Comments: Single, was a school teacher. Lived last in S. L. C., Utah.
- Death, Burial: Fillmore City Corporation. Cemetery Single Line List, by Deceased Name, 22 Apr 1990, p. 37:
- PETERSON, Evelyn
- BLK 71, Lot 3, Grave 7
- d. 7-20-1907
- Note: She was sealed to Frank after her death
- Source: Ancestral File